Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 08:29 AM

18 posts, read 28,663 times

Advertisements

I could use some help on relocating. Here is what I am looking for ... great schools for elementary and middle school, nice rental housing, great kids sports such as soccer, baseball, brazilian jiu jitsu, boy scouts, dance classes. I would like to have a grocery store, shopping, good health club, target church, etc. all within a 15 minute drive to home. A neighborhood that isn't so " keeping up with the .....", nice friendly neighbors, safe for kids to play and ride bikes. We aren't looking to purchase a home because the prices are mind boggling compared to texas. Any help will be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM

18,732 posts, read 33,402,036 times
"Between Lowell and Westwood" is a *very* large swath of central eastern Massachusetts, but here goes- Natick? Sounds like OP wants a suburbanized town.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:08 AM

Default relocating from tx

I didn't want to name all of the towns we have considered but so far ... Westford, acton, chelmsford, littleton, concord, and pretty much everything in between. we are just trying to narrow it down based on the criteria i mentioned. any help would be awesome.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:48 PM

Default relocation help! best places to live

I could use some help on relocating. Here is what I am looking for ... great schools for elementary and middle school, nice rental housing, great kids sports such as soccer, baseball, brazilian jiu jitsu, boy scouts, dance classes. I would like to have a grocery store, shopping, good health club, Target store, church, etc. all within a 15 to 20 minute drive to home. A neighborhood that isn't so " keeping up with the .....", nice friendly moms @ school, safe for kids to play and ride bikes. Biking and jogging trails. We aren't looking to purchase a home because the prices are mind boggling compared to texas. Any help will be great. My husband will be working outside of Lowell. Commuting doesn't really bother us so much if it means getting the other things we want. I have read several post on acton, groton, andover, chelmsford, concord, boxborough, westford and lexington. I really need someone that is familiar for honest feedback. thanks.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:06 PM

3,689 posts, read 7,433,571 times
What's your price range?

Old 01-07-2012, 09:57 AM

We are looking for a rental home. Price is somewhat flexible

Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 AM

3,689 posts, read 7,433,571 times
You can't go wrong with any of those communities. Since you're looking to rent, the options are somewhat reduced. I would just find the nicest rental among your short list towns and go from there.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmom42 View Post
Here is what I am looking for ... brazilian jiu jitsu ...
Regarding this point specifically, I'm currently training at Kimura BJJ in Watertown and would highly recommend it (we have a satellite location in Tewksbury which is near where you are looking). There's also Mass BJJ in Acton, but I don't know anything about them.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:40 PM

Thank you for the recommendation. We were looking @ kimura online. My son's master's master trained under carlos machado and we really wanted some top notch training when we moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts