Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 03:40 PM

32 posts, read 61,902 times

Advertisements

Dear all,

We bought a house recently and we have an Escrow that includes City Property Taxes. So we pay it every month.
Recently we got a bill from the City - Real Estate Taxes that we have to pay 2 times per year.

My question is if the tax bills are the same? Do we have to pay City Real Estate Taxes if we pay City Property Taxes every month?

Thanks so much for your help!
I'm SO confused!

Last edited by polly123; 07-29-2012 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 04:13 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Do the amounts add up?

We're in the same boat. We escrow the taxes every month through our mortgage broker, yet the city sends me a bill a couple of times per year, which I promptly ignore.

Just make sure that they're the same thing and that the amounts add up correctly. If necessary, fax the bill to your mortgage broker for them to make sure that this is what they're escrowing for and that they're putting enough aside to pay the taxes.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:23 PM

Thanks so much for your reply!
I will call to my mortgage company tomorrow to find out because the total amount is about the same (I already checked it). What we pay every month is 40 dollars more (total) than we got from the City.
Thank you!!!!!

Old 07-29-2012, 05:15 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,454,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly123 View Post
Thanks so much for your reply!
I will call to my mortgage company tomorrow to find out because the total amount is about the same (I already checked it). What we pay every month is 40 dollars more (total) than we got from the City.
Thank you!!!!!
Is the $40/month for insurance?

When we first moved, the town sent a bill with a stern warning saying it was our job to send our mortgage company a copy since they wouldn't receive one otherwise. After we sent a copy, we found out several weeks later that our mortgage company had already made a payment from our escrow before they ever received a copy of the bill. They evidently figured it out on their own somehow. I guess the town was covering its bases?

Old 07-29-2012, 05:27 PM

Thank you!

I added up all payments (for 12 months) that we pay every month just for the property taxes and it came out as almost the same amount that the city sent us and even $40 more.

That's REALLY good to know!
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts