Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 12:13 PM

417 posts, read 734,605 times

Advertisements

the seller's agent told us that there has been no one living in the house over 30 days and that they are going to get a "conditional pass" on the septic which will be rechecked 30 days POST CLOSING.

sound right?

our realtor said they may need to put 1.5x the amt of the septic in escrow but our lender says they do not close on mortgages like this.

ETA: The inspection is Monday so I am thinking there isn't much to be done till then and I'm hoping it either fails or passes, but this conditional pass does not sound good to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 07:14 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times
The towns I'm in most frequently have homes that are typically on sewer so my knowledge of septic can sometimes be rusty. However, if your lender says they won't fund your loan with a "conditional pass" then that's clearly a problem no matter how much you know about septic. Do you have a financing contingency in your offer to fall back on if that happens?

I'm always amazed when a house goes on the market without Title V in hand. For most people, the decision to put their home on the market is not a spontaneous, spur of the moment decision so there's no reason why the Title V inspection can't be done ahead of time typically.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:13 PM

18,728 posts, read 33,396,751 times
If no one has been living in the house, the septic has to meet a higher standard than if people have been continuously living in it. Never heard of a "continuous pass" but for an empty house, I'd be very suspicious and wary. The septic thing is a huge mess if not working out,and I concur that the lender not accepting the "pass" is a big red flag. Maybe the seller should get Title 5 sorted out, even if it's a bank foreclosure.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:01 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,030,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
If no one has been living in the house, the septic has to meet a higher standard than if people have been continuously living in it. Never heard of a "continuous pass" but for an empty house, I'd be very suspicious and wary. The septic thing is a huge mess if not working out,and I concur that the lender not accepting the "pass" is a big red flag. Maybe the seller should get Title 5 sorted out, even if it's a bank foreclosure.
There's absolutely no way you'd be able to get a bank to fix a Title V issue. Septic issues can potentially be very messy (pun intended) make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:54 AM

417 posts, read 734,605 times
Now they are saying they will have it inspected monday and move into it for 30 days to have it reinspected prior to closing... sounds good but then i worry that if theres not enough water usage itll pass w/o "really" passing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts