Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 04:39 PM

294 posts, read 515,795 times

Advertisements

Where is a good place to stay near Framingham ? We need a clean safe room , decent breakfast and a pool. We are visiting in laws side of family and do not want to stay with them. We need better than Super 8 but not the Ritz. Do not need a lot of things like gym or spa. I like chains like Hampton, etc.

We will be doing all the downtown stuff like Freedom Trail, Fenway, market, etc but also want some suburban shopping in addition to the Chestnut Hill or Mulberry St, stuff.

Any suggestions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 05:16 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,642,323 times
In Framingham, there is a Sheraton right off the Mass Pike exit, near the office parks.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:33 PM

8,543 posts, read 14,020,436 times
The Crowne Plaza on Rt. 9 in Natick (just across the Framingham border) is a pretty decent hotel. I was in there for an event recently and it looks like they just sunk a bunch of money into refurbishing it.

If you want to stay in a location further east that will give you better access to Boston without breaking the bank try Hotel Indigo in Newton. It has a really lively pool scene on the weekends and Bokx 109 the restaurant in the hotel is fantastic. Plus, you can walk right down the street and hop on the T's green line. You could also check out the Newton Marriott which is not far from there but not walking distance to the T. It's a little more modest of a hotel than Hotel Indigo but the rates are also lower. It has an indoor pool.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:47 AM

10,012 posts, read 15,659,151 times
You can find all the suburban shopping you want in Framingham and Natick.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
You can find all the suburban shopping you want in Framingham and Natick.
Very true, but stopping for lunch inside the Natick Mall at CPK is not as much fun as say eating outside at Stephanie's on Newbury Street.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:36 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
There is also the Hampton Inn in Natick right across from the Natick Mall (area's largest).

To get from there into Boston, Peter Pan's is very convenient.

http://peterpanbus.com/

Old 08-06-2013, 08:54 PM

Great advice, thanks to all.

Yes, I meant Newbury St. not Mulberry in Manhattan.

OK here is a question...what is the name of the restaurant that the chief of staff used to for breakfast on St.Elsewhere ( circa 1981 ) was a real place, I went there in early 80's. It might have been on Newbury or close by on a square.

Also, is there a flagship store for Dooney and Burke . Looking for the best selection. Got really good deals on D and B in Orlando on spring break. Love the stuff.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:21 AM

48 posts, read 69,595 times
Not sure about a flagship store but there is a Dooney and Bourke outlet in Freeport, Maine. My mom and I have gotten several great deals there. But if you want a really nice purse that's local, Brahmin out of Fairhaven is the way to go. They have a small company store there and have a tent sale twice a year- May and September, if I remember correctly.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplelady View Post
OK here is a question...what is the name of the restaurant that the chief of staff used to for breakfast on St.Elsewhere ( circa 1981 ) was a real place, I went there in early 80's. It might have been on Newbury or close by on a square.
Can't think of any breakfast place on Newbury Street that's been there since the 80's. There's a lot of turnover on Newbury Street likely because of high rents.

Was it Brigham's in Post Office Square? That's not too far away. I was pretty young in the 80's so I didn't make it into Boston much and I didn't watch the show. Maybe someone a little older than I can chime in.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the replies. I will start a new thread about that place to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts