Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 12:31 PM

62 posts, read 135,900 times

Advertisements

One plaza at a time =D
FRAMINGHAM - The owner of Mt. Wayte Plaza has filed plans to redevelop the largely vacant strip mall, bring in new restaurants and retailers and call it "Uptown."
The project is a long time coming for town leaders and neighbors, who clapped and "oohed" when Sam Adams shared his conceptual plans at a public meeting in September.

Framingham's Mt. Wayte Plaza going*'Uptown' - News - MetroWest Daily News, Framingham, MA - Framingham, MA

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-25-2014 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 02:32 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,818,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaya21 View Post
One plaza at a time =D

Once a bustling plaza with a Price Chopper, the only businesses there now are Dunkin' Donuts, Maenzo's Hair Design and a St. Vincent de Paul retail store and donation center.
This should probably be moved to the regular Mass forum, but I thought there was also a TD Bank and Subway there. Anyway I agree, the parking lot always seems so expansive and empty. Would be nice if they scaled down the new development and landscaped the property to fit in with the rest of the residential neighborhood.

Now if only they will do something about the Nobscot shopping plaza up the street which is even more run down than Mt. Wayte.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:59 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,037,293 times
That's great news. Mt. Wayte and Nobscot Plazas are two of the most depressing spots in town. One down, one to go!

Old 02-25-2014, 03:02 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,651,571 times
Quote:
One plaza at a time =D
FRAMINGHAM - The owner of Mt. Wayte Plaza has filed plans to redevelop the largely vacant strip mall, bring in new restaurants and retailers and call it "Uptown."
The project is a long time coming for town leaders and neighbors, who clapped and "oohed" when Sam Adams shared his conceptual plans at a public meeting in September.

Framingham's Mt. Wayte Plaza going*'Uptown' - News - MetroWest Daily News, Framingham, MA - Framingham, MA

Very feasible given the plaza's location behind the rapidly developing Framingham State campus.

Both the area behind Framingham State aroud Maple Street and Warren Street neighborhood nearby across Union Avenue are hidden away gems full of attractive period homes. I can see all of these areas connecting to one another, along with the campus and eventually the town center, with some decent eating places and shops as a hub.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:25 PM

@Parsec -- you are correct about where I posted this thread. Ooops =D

@MikePRU and 495neighbor -- I do think this will make downtown become better over time. FSC influence over this area will only get bigger!

Old 02-25-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
@MikePRU and 495neighbor -- I do think this will make downtown become better over time. FSC influence over this area will only get bigger!
I'm not sure I would call this area part of downtown, but in my heart I do hope you're right. Framingham as a town has a lot of potential and could be a very sought after place to live if the town government got it's act together.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:42 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,818,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I'm not sure I would call this area part of downtown, but in my heart I do hope you're right. Framingham as a town has a lot of potential and could be a very sought after place to live if the town government got it's act together.
Unfortunately that's never going to happen until Framingham votes to incorporate as a city. It's simply too large for a town government. I'm sure you heard all about the whole sewer main replacement fiasco that's brought unbearable traffic to the area over the past couple years. They dropped the ball after MA DEP mandated East Framingham replace all their sewer mains years ago and then had to scramble to replace them all at once when they realized the deadline was fast approaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Both the area behind Framingham State aroud Maple Street and Warren Street neighborhood nearby across Union Avenue are hidden away gems full of attractive period homes. I can see all of these areas connecting to one another, along with the campus and eventually the town center, with some decent eating places and shops as a hub.
There are also 2 ponds in this area: Farm Pond and Learned Pond. I know Learned Pond has a town beach which is accessible from Dennison. Does anyone know if the larger Farm Pond offers any recreational activities? It would be a perfect place for a kayak launch.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:53 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,651,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post

Mike is correct. None of thes areas are within the downtown, they are more part of the center.

The downtown is the area on Concord Street closer to the tracks, MCI, Beaver Street. It is really a small area.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
The downtown is the area on Concord Street closer to the tracks, MCI, Beaver Street. It is really a small area.
I usually identify downtown as the area near the Rt 126/Rt 135 intersection but it's probably really more specifically the area where Rt 126 (Concord St) meets Union Street.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:16 PM

@MikePRU & @495neighbor agreed. It's my belief that FSC is expanding more in that direction and hopefully it spreads further towards Beaver and the shops in and around downtown...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts