Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 08:25 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times

Advertisements

So I'm familiar with both parks from the perspective of a teen/young adult. However, I'm curious about taking the little ones. Is it worth it to go to either of them? Which one is better for that age group? If there's another park in there that I'm missing, let me know!

We've done Santa's Village and Story Land (and loved both), but we're just looking for something within 2 hours.

For those of you who have seen my name on this forum and may be wondering, "I didn't know lrfox had kids?!" I technically don't. My girlfriend of a year, however, does. So that's why I'm asking. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 09:11 AM

14 posts, read 16,341 times
oh god no! dont take them...its not worth your money to spend for them not to appreciate it or enjoy. My little ones are now 17 lol... this is the site I used

Things to Do in Boston MA, Family & Kids Activities, Fun for All

It came in handy and you can look up things based on where you live...its only for kids...take them to Davis Farm land they would like that at their age...

Old 05-18-2015, 09:22 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Very little for a child that age to do there.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:22 AM

816 posts, read 993,781 times
I'd say Canobie Lake park. Cheaper, closer, and I think has more stuff for the little kids. Six Flags I feel like is geared more towards thrill rides and stuff for older kids.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:32 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,083,081 times
It's been quite awhile since I've been to Six Flags. In fact the last time I went there was probably with a 4 year old. There was a lot for that age. A whole section dedicated to the littler kids. The kids had loads of fun. But Six Flags is wicked expensive!!!!!!!!

I went to Canobie Lake Park a couple of years ago and it's a really nice park. Much cheaper than 6 Flags, and has a lot for the little ones to do. The water park area with the slides and whatnot is a lot of fun for the little kids on a hot day. There is also an area of rides for little kids.

I have a cousin with 4 kids in age from 9 to 1 and she goes there every summer with her crew.

Davis Farmland is also a fun place to take the little ones. It has pony rides and a chance to interact with some goats and they have a splash pad / water area that's fun for this age.

Old 05-18-2015, 10:39 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
It's been quite awhile since I've been to Six Flags. In fact the last time I went there was probably with a 4 year old. There was a lot for that age. A whole section dedicated to the littler kids. The kids had loads of fun. But Six Flags is wicked expensive!!!!!!!!

I went to Canobie Lake Park a couple of years ago and it's a really nice park. Much cheaper than 6 Flags, and has a lot for the little ones to do. The water park area with the slides and whatnot is a lot of fun for the little kids on a hot day. There is also an area of rides for little kids.

I have a cousin with 4 kids in age from 9 to 1 and she goes there every summer with her crew.

Davis Farmland is also a fun place to take the little ones. It has pony rides and a chance to interact with some goats and they have a splash pad / water area that's fun for this age.
Thanks for the replies! This (bolded) is more or less what a coworker said this morning. Between the price and attractions, Canobie looks like a real winner. I guess I didn't remember just how expensive 6-flags was. It's $50 "discounted" online for a weekend. Canobie lake is much more reasonable.

I've heard Davis Farmland is a great place too. It's definitely on the list. We have zoo memberships and a Mystic Aquarium membership (we like it better than New England Aquarium for the age) so animals are always a big plus.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:50 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Canobie Lake for sure.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:46 PM

536 posts, read 844,460 times
My grandparents lived close to Canobie Lake Park and took all the grandkids there from infancy on.

I was enchanted, except for the scary din of nighttime fireworks, which I guess they still have a few days a week.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:43 PM

2,440 posts, read 4,833,620 times
lr, if you're willing to travel to Agawam you could just as well go to Northampton where you will find the delightful Look Park which has some nice treats for little tots at a very favorable price.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:39 AM

797 posts, read 1,748,782 times
Neither. At that age you're wasting your money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts