Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 810 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am moving to Boston with my family. I want to commute by public transport. I am interested in 2 bedroom (distance is not a problem) but it seems like Boston housing is very expensive. My budget is 1500/month. I am looking for a safe place and near train/bus station. I can drive too but prefer taking public transport. I will be grateful if anyone can suggest me to the right place. Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 07:07 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
That will be tough. By train you mean MBTA and not commuter rail, right? Maybe Quincy or some far Orange line place like Malden, but it won't be a great place on that budget or an easy walk to the train I'm willing to bet. If you're open to commuter rail and that extra expense/inconvenience, that opens up the options.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:57 PM

44 posts, read 90,055 times
It's next to impossible to find a place at $1500. I found some, but they were 400Sqft studios. You'll have to move near the commuter rail. Even in places like Malden on the orange line, that's hard to find. $1500 MAY get you a 1 bedroom. The farther you go out, the cheaper it will be, but the longer the commute.Where will you be commuting to?

Old 12-30-2015, 09:20 AM

19 posts, read 23,264 times
when it comes to housing, you can get some combination of the 2: safe, accessible and cheap, not all 3. I am a long term Bostonian and a real estate agent. I also have a rental property. I've lived in some pretty unsafe parts of Boston with access to the red line for pretty cheap. My rental in Quincy (safe and accessible but not cheap) is renting for $1,900/month for 2 bedrooms (after I turned down nearly 20 people who contacted me about it) and I now live in a very safe small town and we have a lot of value for the size and quality of our property, but we have to go to the next town to even access the commuter rail (as someone who rode the T all her life, I don't consider the commuter rail "accessible". If it's not green, red orange or blue, it's NOT accessible.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts