Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 09:15 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,143,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
In general poorer towns do have more crime, but maybe since it's a sleepy town residents go into Leominster to commit their crimes
Probably not far from the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 11:21 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,325,212 times
i was surprised hingham wasn't on the list of safest towns.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:28 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,033,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alidmc View Post
LOL! Have you been to Boxford? Beautiful town, but the houses are on at least acre lots, there are no sidewalks and there are maybe three stores in town.
I don't think I've ever been to Boxford, but that was my impression of the town. Still, you could have domestic violence calls. It only takes two people to have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Being on the shore, they have a lot of problems with pirates.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I don't think I've ever been to Boxford, but that was my impression of the town. Still, you could have domestic violence calls. It only takes two people to have one.

Being on the shore, they have a lot of problems with pirates.
Or a lot of problems with Weymouth

Old 02-11-2016, 12:02 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,818,891 times
Quote:

I scanned the police blotter and found this. Not a crime, but still funny. The only crime-related stuff I found was all at the Shoppes.

Notes:
CALLER REPORTS HER NEIGHBORS CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COME ON DURING THE NIGHT AND
ILLUMINATE HER RESIDENCE
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO SLEEP SAME STATES THIS IS AN ONGOING ISSUE AS LAST YR
THE SAME THING OCCURRED CALLER FURTHER STATED SHE WAS GOING TO CUT THE WIRES IF
THIS CONTINUED CALLER WAS ADVISED TO AVOID SUCH ACTIONS

Old 02-11-2016, 12:15 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
haha, nice

Old 02-11-2016, 01:13 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
I scanned the police blotter and found this. Not a crime, but still funny. The only crime-related stuff I found was all at the Shoppes.

Notes:
CALLER REPORTS HER NEIGHBORS CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COME ON DURING THE NIGHT AND
ILLUMINATE HER RESIDENCE
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO SLEEP SAME STATES THIS IS AN ONGOING ISSUE AS LAST YR
THE SAME THING OCCURRED CALLER FURTHER STATED SHE WAS GOING TO CUT THE WIRES IF
THIS CONTINUED CALLER WAS ADVISED TO AVOID SUCH ACTIONS
hahaha, must be a mega light display. Has this caller ever heard of room darkening shades or drapes? Or maybe just get some of those eye shades you wear on planes so you can sleep? Sounds like a grouch.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:53 PM

Yeah i'm not sure if it's still a thing but on main st in hingham they only want people to have white lights. People really would get mad if you put up colored lights.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:20 PM

434 posts, read 511,116 times
Quote:
Yeah i'm not sure if it's still a thing but on main st in hingham they only want people to have white lights. People really would get mad if you put up colored lights.
You are allowed to hang colored lights on Main Street, that's just a myth, but I'm sure some people get pissy about it when people deviate from white ... perhaps the woman in the police call log above.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:50 PM

4,694 posts, read 3,476,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
I lived in Lowell for 7 years (2007-2014) and now live next to Clinton in Sterling. Clinton has some grit associated with the types who live in town ... low income, not upwardly mobile. Despite Lowell's much higher crime, I'd argue the Belvedere and Highlands neighborhoods are safer bets financially speaking.

What's your price target? Neither Sterling, Holden, or Lancaster are terribly pricey ... at least when compared to their eastern neighbors like Bolton, Harvard, Berlin, etc. All have great school systems.
Although those are nice towns they are not for us, too suburban or too rural actually. We are older and resale is not driving our choice. Schools are not super important to us. Our oldest is in a private special needs school, we have guardianship of a younger child though. Our price range at this point is fluid and we are leaning towards a rehab loan. Husband is a master plumber and I used to work in a trade, we feel pretty confident and comfortable with a rehab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts