Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 04:51 PM

617 posts, read 538,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post

We do an incredible amount of shopping on Amazon in my house. I love the "subscribe & save" feature. It's great because we have a number of items show up at front door step on a regular basis without having to even place an order.
Majority of items on Amazon are more expensive than on eBay or elsewhere on the Net, besides you have to pay taxes, unlike let's say iHerb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 05:34 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,233,403 times
La Hacienda on the Somerville/Cambridge border.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:56 PM

15,797 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Majority of items on Amazon are more expensive than on eBay or elsewhere on the Net, besides you have to pay taxes, unlike let's say iHerb.

I cross-shop Ebay as well as other online sources like ordering direct from Target, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

I'd say Ebay and Amazon round out the top deliveries to our house. I go Amazon if I need an item quicker

Old 09-14-2016, 06:46 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
I just don't trust eBay. Have had way too many bad experiences over the years. Never heard of iHerb, but I will say you only have to pay sales tax on Amazon if you're buying directly from Amazon. There are plenty of other retailers that are part of the Amazon marketplace and if I buy from them I don't get charged sales tax and many of them still offer Prime shipping.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:51 AM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
Viga Italian takeout lunch in Park Square closed over a year ago, to my surprise. Always seemed packed at noon. It's still empty, though didn't they move up to the building on Clarendon housing the Lyric Stage and the old YWCA? And I think that spot opens into the evening?

Plus, they have a couple other downtown spots, but just Mon-Friday, I think

Old 09-15-2016, 07:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
Viga Italian takeout lunch in Park Square closed over a year ago, to my surprise. Always seemed packed at noon. It's still empty, though didn't they move up to the building on Clarendon housing the Lyric Stage and the old YWCA? And I think that spot opens into the evening?

Plus, they have a couple other downtown spots, but just Mon-Friday, I think
That is surprising.

When I was doing events downtown, Viga's catering was solid and easy to deal with.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:38 AM

190 posts, read 202,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Piccadilly's?
I believe it was Zathmarys in Brookline, a friend worked there. Then he got a job at Borders downtown and that closed a few years later. Notice was given at that store though.i

Old 09-16-2016, 12:19 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,812,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday's are two chains that have closed a number of restaurants in recent years. Never been impressed with either, nor 99. Chili's is OK.

I know Friendly (a chain that is barely hanging on) abruptly closed a few locations a while back. No advance notice to their customers OR employees, just a note on the door that day.
I don't really like any of those 5 chains except for 99. Friendly's is another one I forgot in my own town. The one on Rt-20 Sudbury closed down last year with no warning. There's an Italian restaurant called Da Vinci remodeling the old Friendly's space right now. They have another location in the South End, so it should be pretty decent.

Old 09-16-2016, 06:03 AM

4,629 posts, read 4,896,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Is that gone? I really liked that place.
A Brazilian place opened up there in the last month or 2

Old 09-17-2016, 08:58 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Let's see. There was a place called Baja Fresh. One was in Stoneham and another was in Beverly? rte 1, I think.

It was Mexican take out. I usually don't do chain places but this place really did use all fresh vegetables and had decent prices as well. GONE. Yet there were others from this chain still in existence last time I checked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts