Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2017, 08:01 AM

23 posts, read 29,381 times

Advertisements

Hi - I am considering a move to Andover. I will be commuting into Boston on a daily basis and wanted to take the commuter rail. Can anyone tell me whether parking is an issue at the Andover commuter rail station or the Ballardvale station? In other words, if I buy a house in Andover, can I be sure that I can find parking each day at the commuter rail station? Or are the parking lots full? My preference would be the Ballardvale station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 07:29 PM

14,251 posts, read 14,750,142 times
There is bus also.

http://www.mvrta.com/getdoc/9106c261...dule_FY15.aspx

Old 10-10-2017, 08:03 PM

15,972 posts, read 7,036,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventythree View Post
Hi - I am considering a move to Andover. I will be commuting into Boston on a daily basis and wanted to take the commuter rail. Can anyone tell me whether parking is an issue at the Andover commuter rail station or the Ballardvale station? In other words, if I buy a house in Andover, can I be sure that I can find parking each day at the commuter rail station? Or are the parking lots full? My preference would be the Ballardvale station.
Yes, you can be sure. Plenty of spaces in the Ballardvale lot. You can also buy a house in the area and walk there!

Old 10-10-2017, 08:48 PM

Thank you both for the replies, really appreciate it!

Is it typically easy to find parking at most commuter rail stops or do some tend to fill up? (in other towns)

Buying a house for me is dependent on being able to take the commuter rail into town so I'm nervous...

Old 10-10-2017, 09:56 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,234,840 times
Another option could be to buy near I93 in Andover and drive down to the Woburn commuter rail station (right off the highway). It had a huge lot that always has spots.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Yes, you can be sure. Plenty of spaces in the Ballardvale lot. You can also buy a house in the area and walk there!
Update! The Ballardvale lot apparently fills up. So you need to be early or find spots off street. Anything close to station have 2 hour limit. Can be tough in winter.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:41 AM

513 posts, read 647,510 times
Quote:
Most of the closer in CR parking lots fill up pretty early, as there tend to be very few spots available (less than 100), and people often drive from other towns to park there.

I used to take the CR from Wakefield and Wakefield fills up very early. Reading also fills up very early because there are few spots for people who don't live in the town. Anderson/Woburn always had spots available.

I can't speak to Andover directly, but I am sure there are probably similar issues with parking. Note that in the winter, if we have a storm, the lots often lose spots to the plowed snow. If you are concerned with finding a space reliably, buy a place within walking distance to the CR. You will save the $4 per day fee, get a bit of exercise, and not have to worry about having to be at the lot by X time to get a spot.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:48 AM

Thanks for the information on the Ballardvale lot. Any idea if the other Andover commuter rail lot also fills?

Old 11-03-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the information on the Ballardvale lot. Any idea if the other Andover commuter rail lot also fills?
Yes. I would find out if there is a way to buy a parking spot like someone else suggested. Not sure how you would go about it. Sorry.
There is condo development at walking distance Powder Mill SQ. If you plan to move to Andover that may solve your problem!

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M45797-07188
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts