Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 12:10 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,810,469 times

Advertisements

Another part to remember is Plymouth is quite big. It's the largest town government by size in Mass. There has been significant development in the northern areas. Tourism happens and yes the winters can be depressing. At the same point there's differences between the northern part and southern towards cape cod and more inland.

As for the legalization it's been decriminalized for years now. It's just the stores haven't been allowed to open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 02:07 PM

5 posts, read 4,739 times
Just to let you know - Plymouth is NOT a great place to live. A lot of issues with addicts, from driving to home break-ins, not to mention the much higher taxes, water & sewer rates, the unbelievable high electric/gas utilities (much higher than the surrounding towns) and the very old (45 year old) nuclear plant right in the middle our coastline. This plant is to be closed in 2019 but I will believe it when I see it.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:55 PM

68 posts, read 66,055 times
Plymouth wouldnt be my cup of tea I got news for you. It may have some nice parts but like notapilgrim says, it indicates a rich/poor divide.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:14 AM

334 posts, read 263,841 times
Default Healthcare in Plymouth

Hi all:
I'm researching places to relocate to in New England and Plymouth Ma is a consideration.
Can you tell me about healthcare options? I prefer access to a good hospital and good doctors. Thanks!

Old 12-17-2018, 12:38 PM

10,012 posts, read 15,656,467 times
Beth Israel Deaconess in Plymouth: Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth, Massachusetts (MA) Hospitals

Old 01-27-2019, 11:05 AM

579 posts, read 521,963 times
I would recommend it.

Regards to weather: The Pine Hills is the highest elevation on the eastern seaboard within a mile from shore. What that does is unusual as north of the Pine Hills is a different climate from south of the Pine Hills. The US planting zone is delineated by the Pine Hills. I lived south of the Pine Hills for years but worked north of the Pine Hills. I would leave home to a light flurry, crest the hill and come down into a full on blizzard. So if you wish to avoid the snow live south of the Pine Hills.

It's much quieter on that side of the hills and you will have less services and shopping options.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,586 times
I have lived in Plymouth for about 15 years after growing up closer to Boston. Overall I would recommend Plymouth. It is a spread out town and each section is very different from the others. It is convenience to Boston, the Cape and Providence. Taxes are ok, the town has a good Police/Fire departments and the school system is good.

Unless you live near downtown you will likely have septic and well water. May of the roads are private roads and do not have streetlights unless the HOA pays for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts