Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 08:40 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchilly View Post
They are headquartered in north reading but have a branch in westborough and they are actively hiring for amazon robotics in both locations.
I got recruited about a month ago for an engineering position with Amazon robotics. I ultimately declined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 08:50 AM

622 posts, read 563,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I got recruited about a month ago for an engineering position with Amazon robotics. I ultimately declined.
why did you decline?

Old 02-20-2019, 10:34 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
why did you decline?
Several personal reasons.

But I can confirm they had multiple openings for higher level technical people at Amazon Robotics. Looked very interesting too.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:27 PM

Semiurbanite,

What do you think of these Tier B and Tier C MIT PHD losers who have been working on this massive innovative project out in the soulless boring suburbs of Hudson and Westborough mass?

Amazon is now hiring a ton for Amazon Go in Westborough...

They aren't in Somerville so they must be TTT (Third Tier Toilets)

Old 02-21-2019, 06:10 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,789 times
Quote:
Semiurbanite,

What do you think of these Tier B and Tier C MIT PHD losers who have been working on this massive innovative project out in the soulless boring suburbs of Hudson and Westborough mass?

I’ve never seen TTT used outside the context of law school discussion forums. And even in that context, the only people who use it are raging d-bags who like to ask which jobs are most “prestigious,” and whether it’s acceptable to wear Brooks Brothers suits. Please don’t bring that bad juju to the STEM sector.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:27 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,818,729 times
Eh, I had an offer from Amazon for DC and I work in the public sector living in western mass. I kinda knew ahead of time from the description they were going to pick DC
but kept it to myself. Long ago I knew about their Stoughton office before the fact. They posted job openings before the place even opened.

Because of the labor shortage and immigration policies companies are targeting public and non profit employees. They aren't under non competes or non disclosures and generally they'd already been some fond of background checks.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
I’ve never seen TTT used outside the context of law school discussion forums. And even in that context, the only people who use it are raging d-bags who like to ask which jobs are most “prestigious,” and whether it’s acceptable to wear Brooks Brothers suits. Please don’t bring that bad juju to the STEM sector.
Semiurbanite essentially called companies that locate on 128 and 495 toilets...

Old 02-22-2019, 09:44 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,972 times
Quote:
Semiurbanite essentially called companies that locate on 128 and 495 toilets...
What?? Quote me.

And no I’m not selling my house to move to a suburb, life is just too awesome here.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:38 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,332,972 times
Quote:
Semiurbanite,

Btw I see your posts on reddit 2 years ago where you were posting your salary numbers at almost half of what you were posting here last week. I hate to say it but people bragging about their new inflated tech salaries that they can hardly believe themselves is probably indicating we are nearer a top - look out below!

Old 02-24-2019, 06:58 AM

11,061 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurbanite View Post
Btw I see your posts on reddit 2 years ago where you were posting your salary numbers at almost half of what you were posting here last week. I hate to say it but people bragging about their new inflated tech salaries that they can hardly believe themselves is probably indicating we are nearer a top - look out below!
Personally I'm really excited for the tech implosion. About time people started being people again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts