Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 04:07 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,649,553 times

Advertisements

Still illegal to smoke marijuana in public. Do what you want in your own place.
The Summit Lounge: Massachusetts' marijuana meeting place | WBJournal.com

And for those who will argue that there is no harm in second hand smoke of any kind.
https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/faqs/s...and-smoke.html
If you insist you are not getting me high with YOUR smoke, do not give me your lung cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 05:58 AM

3,222 posts, read 2,124,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
Still illegal to smoke marijuana in public. Do what you want in your own place.
The Summit Lounge: Massachusetts' marijuana meeting place | WBJournal.com

And for those who will argue that there is no harm in second hand smoke of any kind.
https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/faqs/s...and-smoke.html
If you insist you are not getting me high with YOUR smoke, do not give me your lung cancer.
Only if you kindly agree to not give me your car cancer

Old 03-26-2019, 10:49 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,649,553 times
Default tokers and texters, everyone gets to pay

https://www.wcvb.com/article/report-...lamed/26946952

Old 03-27-2019, 08:27 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Nonsense.

More nonsense.

And even more nonsense.

Edibles are how kids accidentally get high.

Again, nonsense.

Even more nonsense.

The gov't is making the most money.

Reefer Madness 2019 edition.

WROR?

Fake news.

I don't think I've ever seen more misinformation in one post.

Op, if you return, this sums up nicely the logical response to your vent.

I understand. We all need to vent. Once you have calmed down, hopefully you will be able to process (new) information in an intelligent way. You sound just like the addict that you are insulting when you just make **** up to justify your position.

Be thankful that you live post 1990. Picture being in “the smoking section” of an airplane.

“No smoking” rules/laws *do* apply to vaping and cannabis. The problem is the majority of society who feel that the rules don’t apply to them.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Only if you kindly agree to not give me your car cancer
Excellent point.

And while not common, many who have never smoked get lung cancer. I knew one now deceased.

Some can smoke daily and live to be 100. (At least one case I know of, easy to google. I think she lived in France...)

#genetics

Old 03-28-2019, 06:10 AM

2,372 posts, read 1,856,713 times
LOL

there is a lot to say about this, but I just want to focus on one point.

cannabis reacts differently with the body depending on the ROA. edible cannabis has profoundly different effects, stronger effects some of which can be extremely uncomfortable for inexperienced users. here is a funny story:

i will admit i used the stuff daily, heavily for many years prior to this occasion had experience with psychedelics etc with nothing outside of the ordinary effects. then one time i had eaten a very strong edible and found myself flipping out, hid away in my room unable to socialize or interact with others for a solid 24 hours and actually wrote out my last will and testament thinking i would not survive the night.

all in all i think it was pretty funny but my point is i wouldnt suggest everyone goes around taking edibles instead of smoking or vapor - in fact i think that would turn out very badly

Old 03-28-2019, 06:20 AM

3,222 posts, read 2,124,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
LOL

there is a lot to say about this, but I just want to focus on one point.

cannabis reacts differently with the body depending on the ROA. edible cannabis has profoundly different effects, stronger effects some of which can be extremely uncomfortable for inexperienced users. here is a funny story:

i will admit i used the stuff daily, heavily for many years prior to this occasion had experience with psychedelics etc with nothing outside of the ordinary effects. then one time i had eaten a very strong edible and found myself flipping out, hid away in my room unable to socialize or interact with others for a solid 24 hours and actually wrote out my last will and testament thinking i would not survive the night.

all in all i think it was pretty funny but my point is i wouldnt suggest everyone goes around taking edibles instead of smoking or vapor - in fact i think that would turn out very badly
truth indeed. I have had some pretty mind bending experiences eating that stuff. I do not recommend. It's a whole different level.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:28 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Excellent point.

And while not common, many who have never smoked get lung cancer. I knew one now deceased.

Some can smoke daily and live to be 100. (At least one case I know of, easy to google. I think she lived in France...)

#genetics
Posts like this demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of medicine and statistics.

Look up the word "rationalization."

Old 06-05-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Posts like this demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of medicine and statistics.

Look up the word "rationalization."

Just came back to this thread because someone gave me rep points for and I didn’t remember the thread. And since I’m being accused of “nonsense,” and “rationalization,” I feel it is important to reply because people - ESPECIALLY AMERICANS- don’t (want to) understand how much a role genetics play in our health.

So for anyone who does, here ya go:

It’s hard to quantify, but this is just one NIH article with links to many more which states that LONGEVITY ALONE is 25% genetic. This is why “Personalized Medicine” is such a growing field.

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/primer/traits/longevity

Genetics is not only why our hair and skin is a certain color, but it’s why certain people have certain diseases like diabetes and asthma and others don’t.

The “rationalization” being done here is not by me, but by others who believe in the “Just World Fallacy” that goes something like: “you have diabetes because you ate too much sugar,” or “you have lung cancer yet have never smoked a cigarette because you have too many ‘toxic thoughts.’”

It’s sad that even medical professionals believe in the JWF. Ive even seen it even interfere with patient care. Sure, it is usually “horses” as the saying goes- no one implied otherwise- but “zebras” do exist. More importantly, *genes exist* which is why a family history is taken at almost every new doctor ‘s visit

Yes, statistics obviously say that you are more likely to get lung cancer if you smoke. Again, no one implied otherwise, lol. Again, you can also get lung cancer having never smoked on cigarettes if your genome makes you susceptible to that.

It is a very exciting time in medicine with our newer understanding of genetics and epigenetics. And a good time for those who no longer want to learn and merely got into the profession to feel superior, and who work from outdated algorithms, think that they already “know it all” and don’t (care to) know/understand the latest research in their subspecialties to *finally* be getting out of it!

But who needs facts when you have conjecture......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts