Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 05:20 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,675,599 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ice-puts-...nh-biker-crash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 05:55 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
OMG, he's so young and already has more arrests and problems with the law than the average much older person. He just got his green card--well, that's more reason to send him back. IIRC, immigrants are more or less on probation for the first five years. They are sponsored and someone is responsible for them. Being that young, and the fact that he just got here, he would have a long life of trouble ahead if he stayed. So I'd say this is a definite case where the person needs to go back. If he were older and had been settled here for a long time, I might think twice.

As for illegals, that's a totally different subject and I hope those new cards will deter them from coming here and taking our jobs and putting such a strain on our system. It's a different issue and something needs to be done for them back in their own country, not here.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:13 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,675,599 times
RMV head is resigning over it:

https://www.wcvb.com/article/head-of...crash/28188658

Old 06-25-2019, 06:45 PM

880 posts, read 820,223 times
He simply needs to leave the country and then come back ILLEGALLY. As long as you are illegal, Folks in MA will not want you deported

Old 06-25-2019, 07:04 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Nah. What the state can do is fines and mandatory jail time on the second offense for people who employ illegals. I don't know about you but I have to fill out an I-9 with a photocopy of my passport for every new employer. In a few months, we'll all have to have a Real ID drivers license to get through TSA checkpoints. An illegal isn't going to be able to get one of those. If an illegal can't work, they're not going to come here. Sanctuary cities can do whatever they want. No employer is going to risk the jail time.

That would certainly be effective, but would have to be consistently enforced and we know how that goes.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:18 PM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
He simply needs to leave the country and then come back ILLEGALLY. As long as you are illegal, Folks in MA will not want you deported
Heck, the AG will classify him as a "victim" of corporate slavery and how the "poor kid shouldn't have been stuck on the road all day to earn a living". The mayor of Somerville will have a statue constructed for his namesake. The Boston Globe will run a piece praising him as a "hero" who made a tiny "juvenile" mistake, and that Trump is responsible for those deaths. Governor Pretty Boy will smirk at the camera and run for the hills.

Old 06-25-2019, 08:01 PM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Any thoughts on this maybe not being an accident?

Old 06-26-2019, 07:22 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
This young man is out of his gourd and has been taken in for psychiatric assessment and suicidal threats for behaving erratically in a parking lot with his truck, obviously has a drug problem and was unsafe to have his license at all, much less driving a heavy commercial vehicle. His employer (also Ukrainian I heard) has received numerous violations for this trucking company. It's a horrible, sad mess. Maybe this guy will suicide in jail and never make it to trial.

It may have been an "accident" but not unexpected or surprising. A ticking time bomb, allowed to go off.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:32 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Heck, the AG will classify him as a "victim" of corporate slavery and how the "poor kid shouldn't have been stuck on the road all day to earn a living". The mayor of Somerville will have a statue constructed for his namesake. The Boston Globe will run a piece praising him as a "hero" who made a tiny "juvenile" mistake, and that Trump is responsible for those deaths. Governor Pretty Boy will smirk at the camera and run for the hills.

It certainly seems like that sometime doesn't it....

I hate to think this crash was intentional but more than likely the guy took his eyes of the road reaching for his cell phone or a snack or something and he lost control of the truck. If he was drunk at the scene the Police wouldn't have let him go.

What really gets me is the guy crashes, causing a horrible massacre of innocent people, gets out of the truck and is reportedly hysterical and then proceeds to plead Not Guilty in court?

How can he not be guilty of causing the accident unless the truck had a mechanical issue like a blow out of a tire?

At least he is being held without bail at this time. They cite that he is possibly a danger to himself but I would add he is a flight risk.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:40 AM

4,630 posts, read 4,898,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
There are no accidents. Someone is always at fault. His actions led to their deaths.

Police don't use the term accident for just that reason. Accident means no one is at fault. An accident would be a lighting strikes a tree and it falls on a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts