Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 07:46 AM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Heck, the AG will classify him as a "victim" of corporate slavery and how the "poor kid shouldn't have been stuck on the road all day to earn a living". The mayor of Somerville will have a statue constructed for his namesake. The Boston Globe will run a piece praising him as a "hero" who made a tiny "juvenile" mistake, and that Trump is responsible for those deaths. Governor Pretty Boy will smirk at the camera and run for the hills.
Not for a Ukrainian, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 07:52 AM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Any thoughts on this maybe not being an accident?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
There are no accidents. Someone is always at fault. His actions led to their deaths.

Police don't use the term accident for just that reason. Accident means no one is at fault. An accident would be a lighting strikes a tree and it falls on a house.
Understood. Let me rephrase:

Any thoughts on this maybe having been deliberate?

Old 06-26-2019, 08:54 AM

23,577 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:

Do you have reason to believe so?

Old 06-26-2019, 09:19 AM

8,771 posts, read 5,059,025 times
This scumbag, was at the beach, the very next day, that this happened. He showed no remorse. He should spend the rest of his life in prison.....or worse.....sent back to where he came from.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:39 AM

17,748 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:

Quote:
Do you have reason to believe so?
Does this situation make sense to you?

Old 06-27-2019, 06:42 AM

According to this piece he also pled guilty to 2 charges of possessing crack and heroin in 2017. Should have been set up for deportation right then, but ICE had no idea. See what happens when the different authorities don't talk to each other?

https://www.conservativereview.com/n...rant-deported/

Old 06-27-2019, 06:56 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
According to this piece he also pled guilty to 2 charges of possessing crack and heroin in 2017. Should have been set up for deportation right then, but ICE had no idea. See what happens when the different authorities don't talk to each other?

That is the problem. In this day, the age of information and all things are at our fingertips but what we need are people that are willing to read the information and act on it.

How many times have we seen horrible actions and deeds like this one become 20/20 clear in hindsight?

The information was all there. The guy should have been stopped, should have lost his green card status but someone along the way failed to check the box, failed to take the extra step to alert the appropriate agencies. We can blame the current political climate where it seems that immigrants both Legal and Not are given the benefit of the doubt and given chances that citizens would not receive.

The ball was dropped and we now have 7 dead people and thousands left to grieve for the senseless loss.

There has to be better accountability.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:11 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,142,393 times
Quote:

I love how this article touts some marginally objective facts on the system being flawed, then pivots to being an unsubstantiated hit-piece on Massachusett's being a "sanctuary state" supported by quotes from a anti-immigrant think-tank founded by John Tanton ... a man who believes in maintaining a white ethnic majority, eugenics/selective breeding, and whole bunch of other things which are sorta-kinda-grand dragon.

You lost major credibility, IMO, when you attempted to legitimize Scott Lively's 'career', and now your unintentionally shilling for another pro-white policy maker. This isn't r/thedonald.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
I love how this article touts some marginally objective facts on the system being flawed, then pivots to being an unsubstantiated hit-piece on Massachusett's being a "sanctuary state" supported by quotes from a anti-immigrant think-tank founded by John Tanton ... a man who believes in maintaining a white ethnic majority, eugenics/selective breeding, and whole bunch of other things which are sorta-kinda-grand dragon.

You lost major credibility, IMO, when you attempted to legitimize Scott Lively's 'career', and now your unintentionally shilling for another pro-white policy maker. This isn't r/thedonald.
I'm sorry if the facts don't agree with your agenda but that was reported my MassLive as well (so much for your attempt to discredit me by claiming some sort of political bias):

https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/0...-problems.html

Legitimizing Scott Lively's "career"??? Tossing the race card (the POS is white euro Caucasian!)? 7 people needlessly died and you resort to this trash? Come on bro, try harder next time...

Old 06-27-2019, 07:48 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,142,393 times
Quote:
I'm sorry if the facts don't agree with your agenda but that was reported my MassLive as well (so much for your attempt to discredit me by claiming some sort of political bias):

https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/0...-problems.html

Legitimizing Scott Lively's "career"??? Tossing the race card (the POS is white euro Caucasian!)? 7 people needlessly died and you resort to this trash? Come on bro, try harder next time...
You consistently post articles/positions which confirm your bias. Notice how the Masslive piece never once shilled against the entirely separate issue of "Sanctuary States/cities"? Because it's irrelevant to this instance. This was a failure of policy and system across multiple states - it's a case of incompetence, not pro-immigrant bias by MA.

I have no agenda other than absolutely despising biased opinion pieces being masqueraded as "news", particularly when one of the sources is a pro-white nationalist entity.

He should not have been here - end of story. It's clear neither state/ICE authorities had the full facts/data, and the media was reporting with incomplete records when the original article was posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts