Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 08:08 PM

15,976 posts, read 7,039,821 times

Advertisements

Please share where you are going and how is it out there for those of Us unsure of venturing out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 08:55 PM

2,955 posts, read 1,413,789 times
I wish I had escaped this weekend. I should've driven up to somewhere rural in NH or Maine, even if we're not allowed. Anywhere would been better than staying here. Today and this evening has been a total blasting, booming nightmare with the never ceasing fireworks.

My normally laid back cat has been terrified to death and hiding in a little corner under the bed trying to escape the bomb-like sounds. Hopefully my house doesn't burn down, but if it does, I'm moving to western mass. I can hear someone screaming. Probably lost their mind with the constant racket.

Old 07-04-2020, 09:37 PM

795 posts, read 483,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
ME no longer requires a quarantine for NH, VT, CT, NY and NJ residents. Those from MA and RI are still required to test or quarantine.

I wonder what made them determine Massachusetts and Rhode Island residents be required to test or quarantine, but not New York or New Jersey residents? Thanks for the info!

Old 07-05-2020, 06:01 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderFella7 View Post
I wonder what made them determine Massachusetts and Rhode Island residents be required to test or quarantine, but not New York or New Jersey residents? Thanks for the info!
My guess would be sheer volume due to the proximity to Maine. I’m sure their tourism people know the splits between states and it’s likely heavily Massachusetts. If you want to cut the volume in half, ban the Bostonians.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:07 AM

23,598 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:
I guess they are going by positive test rates, apparently those states have now dropped below MA and RI.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:46 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
Probably according to key measures on the COVID in each state.

https://www.covidexitstrategy.org/

NJ and NY are among just a handful of states that have declining rates much of the rest of the country unfortunately is rising.

Old 07-06-2020, 02:19 PM

6,460 posts, read 7,800,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Wait do you mean WHILE you are dealing with COVID 19? or just during this period of time.
Not while one is dealing with being infected...LOL!

I am just thinking many might be losing their everlovin' minds. I know I can use a weekend away.

I would need Internet access so camping is a no for me.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:08 AM

550 posts, read 681,273 times
I was suppose to go down to Myrtle Beach in Mid August but I canceled that and we are headed to Shenandoah Crossing in Gordonsville Virginia. It's a pretty large and remote resort with not many tourist around unlike Myrtle Beach

Old 07-07-2020, 08:48 AM

7,927 posts, read 7,823,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Not while one is dealing with being infected...LOL!

I am just thinking many might be losing their everlovin' minds. I know I can use a weekend away.

I would need Internet access so camping is a no for me.
Ok well in that case. Crowds are down and prices are up (sort of) here's a few.

I was just here last weekend in CT
https://watersedgeresortandspa.com/

It's a tad less than normal due to covid. You have the beach right there, a pool, a gym, restaurants on site, you can eat outside

A few years ago I was here in VT
https://www.lakemoreyresort.com/

You might not get much for cell/data coverage out of the hotel. There's a small supermarket nearby. It's quiet, very quiet. the lake is great although there is no beach. Do whatever you want for watersports. I can't see them still running the buffet though.

For RI I kinda liked Westerly

I've been meaning to go back to Hudson for awhile
https://www.tripsavvy.com/the-top-th...w-york-4172829
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts