Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 08:12 AM

113 posts, read 77,290 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody ... will be doing some drive-bys today of some houses that came on the market today in Bellingham and Hopedale. In our range, definitely a step down from 48 Sunset in Milford but we've got to be ready to move on to the next options in case that one doesn't pan out! Wondering if anybody is familiar with any of these areas, or has thoughts on any of these houses? They all have their pluses and minuses which is what you expect for under 400k in this market.

8 Roger Belanger Drive, Bellingham
https://www.estately.com/listings/in...er-belanger-dr

276 Lake Street, Bellingham
https://www.estately.com/listings/in...lake-street--2

38 Mellen Street, Hopedale
https://www.estately.com/listings/info/38-mellen-st

As always, thanks in advance for your thoughts/comments/discussion! I will be driving by all three this afternoon and will check back in! You all are the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 08:23 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Why don't you just submit a bid on the house on Sunset Drive and see if that works out? It seems to have everything you want.

Old 07-09-2020, 08:30 AM

Oh yes - we are definitely planning to do that! My thinking is that it is good to at least be looking at other properties in the meantime so you're ready to move quickly if this one doesn't work out!

Old 07-09-2020, 08:40 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,135,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieCFan View Post
Oh yes - we are definitely planning to do that! My thinking is that it is good to at least be looking at other properties in the meantime so you're ready to move quickly if this one doesn't work out!
I applaud you for trying to stay rational in this market.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:12 AM

Thank you Shrewsburried - we're doing our best! We're thinking we are definitely making an offer on this house, I just know that the other houses we've made offers on have all been multiple offer situations, the sellers have come back to us trying to negotiate changing terms that we don't want to change, etc (not for nothing, but when they say submit your "best and final", that is a crock of BS because the sellers are still going to ask you to make changes, at least that's been my experience so far)... I think from the buyer perspective, when that happens, it helps you to know, hey, I've got two or three other houses I'm interested in, why go crazy for this one when maybe one of these other ones might do the trick? Definitely trying to stay rational and not get emotionally attached to any particular house or situation - that is what leads you to bid more than you really should. The more options you can create for yourself as a buyer, the better. Especially with the way this market is.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:29 AM

You don't own currently own a property that you need to sell so that is in your favor.

You would most likely have to pay asking price or maybe even higher if you want that house. If what another poster said was true, then it will be gone this weekend.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:11 AM

Which house? Probably all of them, right? Haha. If you're referring 48 Sunset, yes, we think we're going over and it will be gone come Monday I'm certain of that. Hoping we make the successful bid, we're sure going to try!

Old 07-09-2020, 10:13 AM

Any chance you could see it before then? I know you checked out the neighborhood.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:22 AM

No, we tried that already. They wouldn't go for it. They're sticking to the open house schedule and will review offers Monday. I think they're confident they're going to get multiple good offers so I guess from their perspective they don't see the need to show it outside of the open houses. That's my guess anyway.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:39 AM

Yea, I remember when my daughter and her husband were looking for houses and she found one they could afford in Wellesley and she was so excited. She called me to ask if that was a good neighborhood and I told her it was and that it was the same school district that I lived in growing up.

Open house that weekend, the house sold a few hours after I talked to her.

I always tell people to get in before the open house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts