Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 06:18 AM

2,439 posts, read 1,343,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
How many? And how exactly is the term liberal being defined in your analysis?
Have you been to the Politics/Controversies section of the forum lately? If not, I suggest you visit and ask the what their definition of liberal is since they're the ones who use the label to direct their fury.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:22 AM

6,325 posts, read 5,234,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
I don't think open racism is more acceptable now than in the past. Tragic police killings have always happened:

2011-11-19 Chamberlain Sr., Kenneth New York (White Plains) Shot in his home by police responding to an automated medical alert.[24]

2011-10-27 Williams, Elliott Earl Oklahoma (Tulsa) Williams died in Tulsa County Jail, OK. He died from "complications of vertebrospinal injuries due to blunt force trauma" and dehydration following several days of neglect by prison authorities.[33]

Pretty much anything racist that happened in 2020 you could find in any other year and probably way more the further back you go.

I think there was already a lot of unrest and Trump definitely feeds into it both because he's a drama queen and because he thinks that stirring up unrest is his best shot of reelection if people are too scared of some 'woke mob' and think voting for him is the only way to stop it.
Not talking about police brutality at all, that's a whole other can of worms. I'm talking about ordinary citizens making known their disdain for people of color and/or immigrants, and/or just being openly exclusionary.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:31 AM

23,899 posts, read 19,086,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Not talking about police brutality at all, that's a whole other can of worms. I'm talking about ordinary citizens making known their disdain for people of color and/or immigrants, and/or just being openly exclusionary.
Where have you seen this? I find the political hate and team sport politics has turned toxic, but I haven't noticed any increase in animosity towards immigrants or racial minorities.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:44 AM

6,325 posts, read 5,234,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Where have you seen this? I find the political hate and team sport politics has turned toxic, but I haven't noticed any increase in animosity towards immigrants or racial minorities.
All over on social media. But honestly from "friends" whom I thought I knew better, and who I had hoped know better.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:35 AM

1,375 posts, read 883,812 times
Quote:
All over on social media. But honestly from "friends" whom I thought I knew better, and who I had hoped know better.
I have to agree. I don't see it in our town, but I see it online all day every day. Even by some people who live in our town (or neighboring towns). There is no way to misinterpret our current toxic environment or what has caused it to boil to the surface as it has.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:34 AM

4,248 posts, read 3,758,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Friends of mine who are immigrants and racial minorities have indeed noticed an increase.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:25 AM
Status: "‘But who is the land for? The sun and the sand for?’" (set 8 days ago)

6,841 posts, read 6,128,061 times
How shameful! A true patriot would’ve damaged the car, not the person! That’s why our great Lord in Heaven invented keys!

Old 10-16-2020, 11:34 AM

1,375 posts, read 883,812 times
Kind of a pointless news piece.

Quote:
...which they say may have been related to the victim displaying “Trump” flags on her vehicle.
Quote:
Police did not specify whether the flags were in support or opposition of the president.
So... Some people got into a fight in a parking lot. Let's try to tie it to something to make it seem like it's more than it is.

Old 10-16-2020, 12:42 PM

3,808 posts, read 3,169,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
Have you been to the Politics/Controversies section of the forum lately? If not, I suggest you visit and ask the what their definition of liberal is since they're the ones who use the label to direct their fury.
I don't advise anyone do - the place is a cesspool of misinformation and name-calling.

Old 10-16-2020, 12:51 PM

8,102 posts, read 10,708,940 times
Quote:
Absolutely agree. As a person of color, I'll concede that Trump didn't invent racism, but he has made it far more acceptable to be expressed in the open.
And how, specifically, has he done that? I hear and see this statement all the time, but there are never any specific incidents or examples used. So, how has he made it far more acceptable for racism to be expressed in the open? In what ways? And not in broad media-inspired talking points. Give examples.

Trump is a racist and inspires racism to be expressed far more in the open because:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts