Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 05:51 PM

6 posts, read 23,369 times

Advertisements

i need some help trying to decide where to rent in pittsfield. i will be moving from boston for a new job and i am finding it hard to find places online, all i can get are the numbers for apts., very little info is provided for these places, and no pictures of the properties. i only hope to be renting for a year or so, but would like to live in a nice area and building. i have been into pittsfield a handful of times, not enough to get a feel for the city, and i plan to make a "few" trips out there. i know that in the rental market, looking 4 months ahead in time is not practical, but i would like to get a general idea about what is available to me for rent, and which places to stay away from. i have been told that there are some nice places and some very bad places. please any help would be appreciated greatly, thankyou
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 01:24 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
Check out craigslist. There are many apartments for rent in the Pittsfield area. Good luck!

Old 08-26-2007, 03:44 PM

6 posts, read 23,369 times
thanks, craigslist did have a few in pittsfield. anyone on the board live in town, or around the town that knows what areas to avoid living in?

Old 08-26-2007, 06:40 PM

Location: Chesterfield in Beautiful Massachusetts, New England
76 posts, read 173,987 times
berkshireeagle.com

Old 12-09-2007, 09:03 PM

5 posts, read 22,537 times
Smile I live near Pittsfield, and have spent 6 months living there.

Stay away from Springside and Morningside. I was told they are nothing but drugs. Stay away from West st and Wahcohna (not sure if I spelled that right, it's the one by Berkshire Medical Center) They're also drug alleys. Be careful not to rent from a Patrick Ricchi, he's a very bad slum lord. He goes against the fire codes and health codes. Plus he lies to you. There's a house for rent in Hancock, by Jiminy Peak resort for $800, landlord pays for heat and hot water. They just want someone to cut the grass in the summer and clear the driveway in the winter (but the snow part isn't a requirement, if you can't do it they'll keep the guy they have). It's 1 bedroom on bottom and 3 bedroom on top. It's about 5-10 minutes from Pittsfield. I've already looked into it myself. However, I don't have their phone # on me, if you want I can get it for you. Just email me at wilhelmhilary9@hotmail.com and let me know. Good Luck in your search.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 PM

6 posts, read 18,392 times
Hey " country girl"
Could you tell me apartments for rent near the Pittsfield,MA area that you would recommend or ones that I should avoid? I was told that Adams, North Adams, Lee, Lenox, Stockbridge, are nice places to live. Would you agree? Are they all a close distance to Pittsfield? Thank you for any help!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:00 AM

732 posts, read 2,125,519 times
country_girl hasn't been active in two years so I will answer your question.

Adams and North Adams are cheap and have a certain character and feel that doesn't sit well with some people. I would get a creepy feeling just crossing the line into Adams.

Some decent apartments can be found in Pittsfield. You may also want to look in Dalton.

The further south you go into Lee, Lenox, and Stockbridge you will be paying more, but you may have a nicer atmosphere.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 PM

6 posts, read 18,392 times
Thank you for your reply.
What is the character of Adams that doesn't sit right with people, could you explain? What are the nice parts of Pittsfield that you'd recommend living in, could you name a town or an apartment complex. I have read some bad reviews about a lot of places in Pittsfield to avoid bc of drugs and crime. I wouldn't mind paying $700-1000 to rent an apartment or home. Thanks ahead for any tips you can share.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,414 times
im also looking for a good place in pittsfield to rent. will be moving there soon and would rather rent a house honestly but apt might have to do in a pinch. ideas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts