Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 07:44 AM

24,809 posts, read 17,554,815 times

Advertisements

Elizabeth Warren is throwing her name into the Biden bowl in hopes that he will pick her out for a spot on his cabinet. Why does she keep turning away from us?

I remember when she was running for her seat the last time. Her challenger Geoff Diehl was campaigning like a mad man and where was Warren? She was out of state campaigning for other Democrats? She told us her number one concern was the People of Mass but she really does have her eyes on DC. Despite Diehl telling us what Warren was really up to the voters handed her an easy victory.

I think it is wrong that Warren is so eager to leave us behind for her DC ambitions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 08:04 AM

23,950 posts, read 19,175,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Elizabeth Warren is throwing her name into the Biden bowl in hopes that he will pick her out for a spot on his cabinet. Why does she keep turning away from us?

I remember when she was running for her seat the last time. Her challenger Geoff Diehl was campaigning like a mad man and where was Warren? She was out of state campaigning for other Democrats? She told us her number one concern was the People of Mass but she really does have her eyes on DC. Despite Diehl telling us what Warren was really up to the voters handed her an easy victory.

I think it is wrong that Warren is so eager to leave us behind for her DC ambitions.
And what part of this comes as a surprise?

Old 11-09-2020, 08:15 AM

17,173 posts, read 8,827,895 times
Default re

Oh how I wish she would go away.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:22 AM

84 posts, read 78,825 times
A self serving politician?! Shocking! /S

Old 11-09-2020, 08:25 AM

15,881 posts, read 20,766,410 times
I always got the impression she was looking to leave MA politics as soon as someone would offer her a position.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I always got the impression she was looking to leave MA politics as soon as someone would offer her a position.
Yep. Even after "promising" her full intent was to serve out her term as Senate. Those of us with a clue saw her coming from a mile away.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:30 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,176,333 times
Suppose she does join the Biden admin, which might be very likely.

Rather than maintaining status as finger-pointing 'know nothings', I suggest the MA GOP base actually field a competitive candidate for likely open seat, rather than simultaneously lamenting it's high-polling 'RINO' Governor and Warren.

Like ... there are solutions to your Warren "problem", but that means being honest with yourselves and fielding someone like ... or literally ... Charlie Baker. Whatever your opinions may be, Geoff Diehl is not a 'Rockefeller' centrist Republican like Baker and a majority MA electorate will not support a politician aligned with Trump. Running Diehl was DOA.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
Suppose she does join the Biden admin, which might be very likely.

Rather than maintaining status as finger-pointing 'know nothings', how about the MA GOP base actually fields a competitive candidate, rather than simultaneously lamenting it's high-polling 'RINO' Governor and Warren?

Like, there are solutions to your Warren "problem", but that means being honest with yourselves and fielding someone like ... or literally ... Charlie Baker. Whatever your opinions may be, Geoff Diehl is not a 'Rockefeller' centrist Republican like Baker and a majority MA electorate will not support a politician aligned with Trump.
Trump is yesterday's news dude. The Dems will eventually have to come up with a new narrative, something besides being anti-Trump (even in Massachusetts).

Old 11-09-2020, 08:45 AM

15,881 posts, read 20,766,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Trump is yesterday's news dude.
Unless he runs again in 2024.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:46 AM

7,953 posts, read 7,898,150 times
I'm not a fan of her but what's the big deal? Many people move from local to state to federal etc. That's the way it usually goes. You aren't going to see Trump run for the mayor of Fargo ND etc.

I don't watch debates or speeches. I just care about two words. Voting Record.

Warren isn't always to the left (especially on foreign policy) then you might think. If it isn't what they actually voted for well its just hot air.

I'm independent. If I like a candidate it does not mean I'm a member of their party but rather the issues they brought up and voting makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts