Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 02:32 PM

23,919 posts, read 19,096,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Don't feed the Marxists
Don't mean to, it's important they are exposed though.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:35 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,066,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Like with anything else, responses obviously vary from person to person and in different phases. It's those who show zero reaction at all, who clearly aren't healthy.

You are sharing WAY too much personal info. here (that happens to be another red flag), so at this point I am stepping out. ESPECIALLY if you are going to compare a tumor to a baby.
I compared a tumor to an embryo, in a very roundabout way. Not much of a biology student, were you?

It really seems to make people uncomfortable that abortion doesn’t ruin a woman’s life.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:38 PM

18,737 posts, read 33,526,908 times
Quote:
Well there are many different reasons one would go through this, but regardless it's going to have a psychological impact on any normal healthy person. Those who don't show any signs are perhaps who we need to be more concerned with, and will ESPECIALLY need their parents around for it (and if they can't, they need to be out of the picture completely).

Obviously you don't talk to many women who had early-life abortions (or any). I'm 67 and virtually everyone I know as a peer friend had an abortion in their teens- those older, an illegal one. The illegal ones were terrifying experiences. The abortions themselves were an utter relief. Sorry if you want to believe that getting an abortion must be a damaging experience, but if you weren't there, you can't know. It troubles me that you wish this negative experience on any woman- do you want to punish them for being sexual and/or careless and/or ignorant regarding having an unwanted pregnancy? No doubt you think that people over 18 are also traumatized by getting an abortion?

I get so mad about this nonsense. If you don't support right to abortion, then don't get one. The end.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:39 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,066,610 times
I wonder what the psychological impact is on women who go through gestation, labor and delivery against their will is? Talk about trauma.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I compared a tumor to an embryo. Not much of a biology student, were you?

It really seems to make people uncomfortable that abortion doesn’t ruin a woman’s life.

Biologically, an embryo/fetus does have a parasitic relationship to its host, the girl/woman who is pregnant. But of course, anti-abortion people just don't wanna hear that, and the churches of course would never agree.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:51 PM

9,367 posts, read 15,020,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Obviously you don't talk to many women who had early-life abortions (or any). I'm 67 and virtually everyone I know as a peer friend had an abortion in their teens- those older, an illegal one. The illegal ones were terrifying experiences. The abortions themselves were an utter relief. Sorry if you want to believe that getting an abortion must be a damaging experience, but if you weren't there, you can't know. It troubles me that you wish this negative experience on any woman- do you want to punish them for being sexual and/or careless and/or ignorant regarding having an unwanted pregnancy? No doubt you think that people over 18 are also traumatized by getting an abortion?

I get so mad about this nonsense. If you don't support right to abortion, then don't get one. The end.
"do you want to punish them for being sexual and/or careless and/or ignorant regarding having an unwanted pregnancy?"

Probably hit the nail on the head with this comment! It's usually either the ultra religious and/or men who think this way. Women can relate what an awful situation this would be to find oneself in.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:51 PM

23,919 posts, read 19,096,481 times
Quote:

I am going by all accounts I know of, which have at the very least been life altering experiences. Maybe the culture/ideas around it were different back then, IDK. It's also possible those who it did not take a psychological toll on, are less apt to share or admit to going through it in the first place (but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you think about it).

As for the rights/responsibilities of a child vs. that of an adult, it's already been discussed to death here and there is no point going any further with that.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:55 PM

648 posts, read 435,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
Prove that commonly women rather have an abortion than take contraceptive pills.
You prove they do not. Heard from many MD's about the repeat repeat repeat customers. Depending on brand, often times it is ER MD's that are obliged to do it. You would have to talk to ER MD or nurses that work in poor areas, like I did.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I am going by all accounts I know of, which have at the very least been life altering experiences. Maybe the culture/ideas around it were different back then, IDK...

As for the rights/responsibilities of a child vs. that of an adult, it's already been discussed to death here and there is no point going any further with that.

We'll have to agree to disagree based on our supposed personal experiences. Teens are still having abortions in this day and age and are still very relieved to be finished with the unwanted pregnancy. I am one of the few women I know who never had one and didn't have one as a teenager, but "life-altering" is certainly not a phrase I've heard or interpreted.

I worked in health care in Massachusetts from 1974-2018, went to middle and high schools with Planned Parenthood teachings, and have a master's in public health. Plus, I talk to *lots* of people in my health care times. I stand on my experiences.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:57 PM

5,191 posts, read 2,775,225 times
Quote:
Biologically, an embryo/fetus does have a parasitic relationship to its host, the girl/woman who is pregnant. But of course, anti-abortion people just don't wanna hear that, and the churches of course would never agree.
I'm neither "anti-abortion", per se, nor a church, and I find that one of the most inhumane comparisons I've heard. I find that most reasonable people see a difference between an embryo and a fetus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts