Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 05:24 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,767,504 times

Advertisements

Whats this State Smoking?

Quote:

Intense scrutiny over the vaccine rollout in Massachusetts has seemingly failed to make a dent in Gov. Charlie Baker’s sky-high approval ratings.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics...llout-problems

Old 02-23-2021, 05:40 AM

23,580 posts, read 18,730,403 times
While I despise Baker, it has nothing to do with his Covid response which imo is about average among governors.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:19 AM

16,416 posts, read 8,223,904 times
I don't really care about Baker but there were small businesses destroyed all over the world because of the pandemic.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:51 AM

448 posts, read 282,616 times
Im surprised his level is high now.... I thought he was doing a good job before the vaccine rollout (yes, I know - many restaurants were hurt). I felt he did what had to be done, and bit the bullet, so to speak.

This vaccine rollout, IMO, is bad. I dont know how other states are doing, comparitively (I thought we were low on the totem pole), but seeing the pix on tv of seniors standing in the cold (which, Im sure were kind of overblown/for media purposes), and hearing the disasters swith the website....

Old 02-23-2021, 08:05 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,343,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtolpin View Post
This vaccine rollout, IMO, is bad. I dont know how other states are doing, comparitively (I thought we were low on the totem pole),
Massachusetts is doing pretty good, with 15.7% of the population having received the first vaccine we are the 10th state in the nation, and all states ahead of us have small population so it's a lot easier to vaccinate higher percentages. To be fair, on the other hand, there are a lot of states that are doing very very close to MA. So I would say MA is in the (large) group of state that are doing pretty good.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ibution-doses/

Old 02-23-2021, 08:52 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtolpin View Post
Im surprised his level is high now.... I thought he was doing a good job before the vaccine rollout (yes, I know - many restaurants were hurt). I felt he did what had to be done, and bit the bullet, so to speak.

This vaccine rollout, IMO, is bad. I dont know how other states are doing, comparatively (I thought we were low on the totem pole), but seeing the pix on tv of seniors standing in the cold (which, Im sure were kind of overblown/for media purposes), and hearing the disasters with the website....
I would agree that his performance is bad, against the bar that he set for himself--that of a competent healthcare executive. Yes we may be OK in terms of percentages, but the lack of a centralized signup, forcing people to try their luck piecemeal, not to mention the cumbersome registration process itself, have been damaging.

I think his approval rating remains high because he still comes across in his daily briefings that he cares, and wants to do better. He doesn't try to shove issues under the rug.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:06 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
Massachusetts is doing pretty good, with 15.7% of the population having received the first vaccine we are the 10th state in the nation, and all states ahead of us have small population so it's a lot easier to vaccinate higher percentages. To be fair, on the other hand, there are a lot of states that are doing very very close to MA. So I would say MA is in the (large) group of state that are doing pretty good.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ibution-doses/
Massachusetts is average. The NYT says they’ve used the national average of their allocated vaccine. The web portal is a mess compared to the best states. The states that just do it based on age didn’t experience the surge. A month from now, it will be beyond the surge of people with the current criteria.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:23 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,809,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Massachusetts is average. The NYT says they’ve used the national average of their allocated vaccine. The web portal is a mess compared to the best states. The states that just do it based on age didn’t experience the surge. A month from now, it will be beyond the surge of people with the current criteria.
That isn't the best metric to use, especially at this point. They need to have an adequate reserve to cover 2nd doses, supply chain disruptions (which almost happened last week), spoilage etc. It makes sense that we are average in that metric because many states are following the same guidelines. So far no cancellations of scheduled vaccinations or pauses in taking new ones outside of weekly limits.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:24 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,793,003 times
No one cares so long as he's tall and doesn't say anything about anything ever.

What has Baker actually done as governor thats noteworthy. Something that he spearheaded or caused directly through legislation.

So far I see his Housing Choice Bill and maybe decentralizing affordable housing waitlists. Fin.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:42 AM

6,813 posts, read 6,051,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
So far I see his Housing Choice Bill and maybe decentralizing affordable housing waitlists. Fin.
Housing Choice was big. He also got the GLX off the ground, iirc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts