Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 02:09 PM

6,004 posts, read 2,933,575 times

Advertisements

Taking Icelandair to Iceland then on to Stockholm. Heading to a small town outside of Stockholm. My Swedish wife of forty plus years and I have for two weeks been invited to stay at her Swedish Pop Icon cousin's home . Last time in Stockholm was at her cousins wedding .
We have all our vaxx and will Quarantine at a guest house on her island.
this is the first time in Europe in over two years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 03:13 PM

10,077 posts, read 15,791,230 times
Have a wonderful time!

Old 12-11-2021, 03:52 AM

24,574 posts, read 18,457,206 times
Sure. We’re flying to my sister’s house in Vancouver for Christmas. Already booked the PCR test slots to enter Canada and the rapid tests at the airport in Vancouver to get home.

Then off to Beaver Creek for a while the Monday after New Years assuming they get snow.

Old 12-11-2021, 07:45 AM

I have been to Vancouver several times on busness (Timber).Never made it that part of the island. I think the TV show is around there.We liked the whole Island vibe .

Old 12-11-2021, 08:59 AM

24,574 posts, read 18,457,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
I have been to Vancouver several times on busness (Timber).Never made it that part of the island. I think the TV show is around there.We liked the whole Island vibe .

The city of Vancouver is on the mainland. The city on Vancouver Island is Victoria. We were shut out last year because the border was closed but we normally spend Christmas in Vancouver.

Old 12-11-2021, 09:22 AM

3,991 posts, read 5,825,630 times
Enjoy your trips everyone! I'm staying put as I always do (Even pre-pandemic, I never vacation or travel far during the months of Dec-Mar).

Old 12-18-2021, 02:56 PM

16,240 posts, read 7,184,214 times
Anyone having second thoughts about travel plans this winter because of the surge in covid cases? Abot ow will it affect airline employees, delays and cancelled flight?

Old 12-18-2021, 07:45 PM

15,906 posts, read 21,542,226 times
While I'm not traveling internationally, I hope you have a great time!

One of my favorite trips anywhere - domestic or international - was Stockholm in early December. It was a wild experience with all the darkness, but such a cool place to be. My next trip to Sweden will be in the summer so I can enjoy all of the outdoor activities, but I hope you get a chance to enjoy some sight seeing in addition to visiting family.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
While I'm not traveling internationally, I hope you have a great time!

One of my favorite trips anywhere - domestic or international - was Stockholm in early December. It was a wild experience with all the darkness, but such a cool place to be. My next trip to Sweden will be in the summer so I can enjoy all of the outdoor activities, but I hope you get a chance to enjoy some sight seeing in addition to visiting family.
Pitch black outside now at5pm ,the sun sets here about 2;45 pm. We have mostly been outside since we arrived and quarantining. Our host has a large horse farm just outside of Stockholm .and have been riding on the property. Today we were Skijoring .Back home when we did it we didn't know it had a name ,a skier is pulled by a rider on a horse.
Tonight were going into Stockholm with our Hostess ,were really looking forward to seeing the city at Christmas time at night.

Old 12-22-2021, 11:19 AM

15,906 posts, read 21,542,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Pitch black outside now at5pm ,the sun sets here about 2;45 pm. We have mostly been outside since we arrived and quarantining. Our host has a large horse farm just outside of Stockholm .and have been riding on the property. Today we were Skijoring .Back home when we did it we didn't know it had a name ,a skier is pulled by a rider on a horse.
Tonight were going into Stockholm with our Hostess ,were really looking forward to seeing the city at Christmas time at night.
If you get a chance, try to visit Skansen in the Djurgarden area of Stockholm. If I were to ever win the lottery (and I mean big bucks), Djurgarden is where I'd want to make my home - it's basically an island filled with parks and museums. Skansen is the largest living history museum in the world, and I was lucky to be able to fulfill a lifelong dream of experiencing a real Swedish Sankta Lucia celebration with songs, skits, and lots of ginger cookies there. Skansen had a very cool Christmas market with traditional food vendors, and their recreated churches perform holiday music based around the time represented in each church. For instance, I went to a 1920s-style Sankta Lucia Day performance, but there were also performances for the 1940s and 1900s!

Skijoring sounds like a blast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
View detailed profiles of: