Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 02:23 PM

15 posts, read 9,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
If you drive a little farther north past Stop & Shop on King Street, you'll come to the Big Y in a shopping plaza on the left (assuming you're traveling North from downtown Northampton). Big Y is a much better store than Stop & Shop. If you continue up King Street past Big Y, you'll eventually get to the River Valley Coop, also on the left. This is an excellent store that does its best to procure local produce, meats and seafood. Definitely check them out.

Other than that, there is a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in Hadley on Route 9.

Oh, there is also a Walmart, I assume they also have food, but I've never been there, so I don't know for sure.

For restaurants, what are you hankering for? India House is really good, if you want Indian. There are a number of Thai restaurants, sushi, Japanese, Mexican places. There is a Ramon place on Main Street. Oh, I know, check out Northampton Live, they curate info about restaurants and other Northampton entertainment. Additionally, if you follow Northampton.Live on Instagram, they post a lot of pictures and info everyday. I've learned about so many local restaurants that way.
I haven’t been north than Stop & Shop so great suggestions. I always try to shop local and know where my produce is coming from. I have already added Northampton Live to my Instagram. I’ve been to Thai Garden so far and it rivals the Thai restaurant I went to in NY. I’ll slowly explore every suggestion as I’m a big foodie. I think my next stop would be Pho Boston, Wine Witch, or Pita Pockets.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2022, 08:53 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brcleats12 View Post
I haven’t been north than Stop & Shop so great suggestions. I always try to shop local and know where my produce is coming from. I have already added Northampton Live to my Instagram. I’ve been to Thai Garden so far and it rivals the Thai restaurant I went to in NY. I’ll slowly explore every suggestion as I’m a big foodie. I think my next stop would be Pho Boston, Wine Witch, or Pita Pockets.

Thanks again!

Enjoy! I'd love to hear what you think of some of the places you check out!

ETA: I'm particularly interested in hearing what you think about Wine Witch. I've been meaning to go there.

Old 08-20-2022, 09:30 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,813,022 times
If you're looking for probably the biggest alcohol store in Western Mass it would have to be the table and Vine in West Springfield. You can get sometimes even half off with a normal liquor store will charge

Old 08-20-2022, 09:41 AM

15 posts, read 9,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
If you're looking for probably the biggest alcohol store in Western Mass it would have to be the table and Vine in West Springfield. You can get sometimes even half off with a normal liquor store will charge
A wonderful suggestion, mainly for company ... of course. Any recommendations for beer, liquor, wine, from there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts