Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Remove Proof of Citizenship or Immigration Status for Driver's License Applications Referendum
Yes 14 48.28%
No 15 51.72%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 05:47 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,070,576 times

Advertisements

Hell no because next thing we know it turns into if they can have a driver’s license they can vote sort of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2022, 07:08 AM

21,627 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Vote yes because imagine you get hit and the other driver doesn't even have an ID. You're not gonna like that.

Most state illegals can't get licenses, in some they can. Does anyone really think illegals are going to not drive, the logic has never clicked with me. For the right-wingers it's just a statement vote "wed dont like you" type of deal.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:13 AM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Hell no because next thing we know it turns into if they can have a driver’s license they can vote sort of thing.
BBMM brings up a good point. If your new car gets slammed by someone w/o an ID.... guess who is at fault and forks up the bill? Guess who's insurance will increase?

Old 09-23-2022, 07:24 AM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
No, it doesn't work like that.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:31 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
They're going to drive anyway. Why not give them licenses and try to make them safer, trackable drivers hopefully with insurance? The more uninsured drivers we have in this state getting into accidents, the more everyone else's insurance is going to cost. At a minimum this is a benefit because we have more people paying into the insurance pool lowering the overall cost of insurance in the state.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
They're going to drive anyway. Why not give them licenses and try to make them safer, trackable drivers hopefully with insurance? The more uninsured drivers we have in this state getting into accidents, the more everyone else's insurance is going to cost. At a minimum this is a benefit because we have more people paying into the insurance pool lowering the overall cost of insurance in the state.
Texas doesn't have driver's licenses for illegal. Does anyone think Illegals in Texas aren't driving?

Show of hands...

Does anyone think illegals in MA don't drive? A state that saw the largest increase in illegal immigration from 2007-2017 of any state (meanwhile next door Connecticut allows licenses for illegals but saw a fraction of that growth)? Show of hands.

Old 09-23-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
BBMM brings up a good point. If your new car gets slammed by someone w/o an ID.... guess who is at fault and forks up the bill? Guess who's insurance will increase?
And guess what happens if your new car gets slammed by an illegal with an ID and no insurance? Or are you expecting all illegals to suddenly start buying insurance? If so I have some wonderful oceanfront property in Omaha for sale…

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
See above.

Old 09-23-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
And guess what happens if your new car gets slammed by an illegal with an ID and no insurance? Or are you expecting all illegals to suddenly start buying insurance? If so I have some wonderful oceanfront property in Omaha for sale…
Well, no not all. But some. Not every illegal is broke. If I have a car- I want insurance. Not all of them will but at least some more of them will be able to.

Old 09-23-2022, 03:40 PM

1,037 posts, read 678,658 times
I was mixed on this one for a while, but I think I'm going to vote "yes."

At the end of the day, I'd be happier on the roads knowing that everyone is licensed and has insurance.

Old 09-23-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDee12345 View Post
I was mixed on this one for a while, but I think I'm going to vote "yes."

At the end of the day, I'd be happier on the roads knowing that everyone is licensed and has insurance.
Illegals paying for insurance? Oh, sweet summer child…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts