Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 01:45 AM

8,546 posts, read 14,042,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
The type of racism that's prevalent nowadays has its regional HQ at 10 Washington St in Dorchester though all the woke Kool Aid drinkers pretend it does not exist...
It is absolutely EXHAUSTING talking about anything remotely political these days. The country is SO incredibly polarized and each side thinks the other more guilty than the other of nefarious dealings. Each party is so incredibly blind to the awful things that many party members do.

Yes . . . there are folks who purport to be liberals and they are racist. If you're a conservative and you think there's not conservatives who practice racism, then you're sadly mistaken.

It's so tired to accuse the other side of doing things that your party does as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
I presume you meant to reply to Westie, not me.
I did. Sorry about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smg1821 View Post
Believe it or not the law is about where the children literally sleep- you can look up Teel v. Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District which is the case that set the legal precedent in MA and that the school districts now go by (since 1975). I’m not sure what they would do if the two kids’ bedrooms literally fall in two different towns- this might actually be the only way to get around it since I doubt they would split up the kids. Unfortunately in my case the house itself falls in one town, despite that everything else about the property- address, mailing address, street, all other houses on the street, bus route- are in the other town. You don’t in any way feel like a part of the community/town that the house technically sits in. It’s just a weird thing with how the town line happens to run and the house being set back from the street. School district isn’t budging unfortunately, just pointing to this law.
That's not something you come across everyday! So if I'm reading this correctly, your address is in one town and your kids go to school in another town?

I wonder what the cause of that is. Is the entrance to your driveway in the other town from your house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2022, 10:22 PM

4 posts, read 1,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
It is absolutely EXHAUSTING talking about anything remotely political these days. The country is SO incredibly polarized and each side thinks the other more guilty than the other of nefarious dealings. Each party is so incredibly blind to the awful things that many party members do.

Yes . . . there are folks who purport to be liberals and they are racist. If you're a conservative and you think there's not conservatives who practice racism, then you're sadly mistaken.

It's so tired to accuse the other side of doing things that your party does as well.

I did. Sorry about that!

That's not something you come across everyday! So if I'm reading this correctly, your address is in one town and your kids go to school in another town?

I wonder what the cause of that is. Is the entrance to your driveway in the other town from your house?
Yes exactly. The property technically also has an address in the town it goes to school in, but it cannot receive mail at that address and that address just takes you to a wooded edge of the property, you cannot access the house that way. So the way you actually access the house by car or on foot day to day is by driving down a street that is entirely in the non-school town, driving down your driveway in the non-school town, but then the town line happens to fall right in front of the house itself (it is set back pretty far from the street and it’s just the angle the town line happens to be at in that particular spot). It makes no practical sense to go to the schools the house is technically in the town of but no one wants to make an exception to this precedent.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Yes exactly. The property technically also has an address in the town it goes to school in, but it cannot receive mail at that address and that address just takes you to a wooded edge of the property, you cannot access the house that way. So the way you actually access the house by car or on foot day to day is by driving down a street that is entirely in the non-school town, driving down your driveway in the non-school town, but then the town line happens to fall right in front of the house itself (it is set back pretty far from the street and it’s just the angle the town line happens to be at in that particular spot). It makes no practical sense to go to the schools the house is technically in the town of but no one wants to make an exception to this precedent.
Now I'm curious . . . how does the property divide up percentage wise between the two towns? Is a majority of the property in one town or the other?

Old 10-11-2022, 06:00 PM

4 posts, read 1,590 times
It’s majority in the town of the house/school- however most of this is wetlands/woods

Old 10-12-2022, 06:25 AM

Quote:
It’s majority in the town of the house/school- however most of this is wetlands/woods
So, your taxes are mostly based on the town your kids go to school in. That seems like it makes sense and is completely fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts