Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2022, 06:58 AM

16,743 posts, read 8,450,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
What’s your solution amigo since you haven’t offered any so far, save everybody some time and drop them off at the nearest polling place?

That would be nice except the millions upon millions of illegals that are pouring in right now will be added to our welfare rolls, not to our labor pool. There’s only a limited number of jobs for those who are uneducated, unskilled and don’t speak a word of English and who in their right mind would take those jobs when el jefe AKA Tio Jose is handing out billions of taxpayer dollars left and right in exchange for all those future votes?
Exactly. Corporations used to offer lower level unskilled work like mailroom staff, receptionists, security guards, even lower admin types who basically filed things but those jobs are gone from pretty much any corporate office now. Places want to be more agile and keep the money for themselves but there's simply not many jobs between corporate (where you need to be skilled and have a degree) trades- where you still need some type of training. No one seems to want to do the jobs that are left. Great country we're working towards here. I think one day there won't be trash men. People have balked at folks who have to bring their trash to the dump themselves. Well get ready because I'm sure more of that will be happening. If unskilled people are just given money why the f@ck would the work ? Plenty of people would rather be given money than actually get skilled in something so they can make money themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 07:35 AM

7,939 posts, read 7,850,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Exactly. Corporations used to offer lower level unskilled work like mailroom staff, receptionists, security guards, even lower admin types who basically filed things but those jobs are gone from pretty much any corporate office now. Places want to be more agile and keep the money for themselves but there's simply not many jobs between corporate (where you need to be skilled and have a degree) trades- where you still need some type of training. No one seems to want to do the jobs that are left. Great country we're working towards here. I think one day there won't be trash men. People have balked at folks who have to bring their trash to the dump themselves. Well get ready because I'm sure more of that will be happening. If unskilled people are just given money why the f@ck would the work ? Plenty of people would rather be given money than actually get skilled in something so they can make money themselves.
Huh? Trash has consolidated significantly with trucks with forks. The days of needing a three to four man crew are long over. Automated trucks have existed for over ten years. It's the norm in much of mass
https://www.trucksandparts.com/the-p...-front-loader/

People eventually get bored if they do nothing. Look at retirement. For millions of people it's pretty much 20-30 years of unemployment. Some people work for social interaction. I worked with many elderly people that didn't need the money but just needed something to do. Work sometimes gets to ingrained into people as a form of identification. Work is defined as what though? Volunteering at a non profit might not pay and elderly represent a significant number of volunteers. Moreover just because there is a skill doesn't mean there is pay for it. 20 years ago I could find a cobbler and a few places that repair typewriters. They might be able to do it now but financially not as much.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:45 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
Huh? Trash has consolidated significantly with trucks with forks. The days of needing a three to four man crew are long over. Automated trucks have existed for over ten years. It's the norm in much of mass
https://www.trucksandparts.com/the-p...-front-loader/

People eventually get bored if they do nothing. Look at retirement. For millions of people it's pretty much 20-30 years of unemployment. Some people work for social interaction. I worked with many elderly people that didn't need the money but just needed something to do. Work sometimes gets to ingrained into people as a form of identification. Work is defined as what though? Volunteering at a non profit might not pay and elderly represent a significant number of volunteers. Moreover just because there is a skill doesn't mean there is pay for it. 20 years ago I could find a cobbler and a few places that repair typewriters. They might be able to do it now but financially not as much.
The problem I see is the training and education required for many jobs. Yes, people should be trained and qualified for certain jobs but for others not so much. I think many people give up and would rather be bored than go back to school or pay for a training program so they can then apply to jobs, etc.

Like I said, I know people who have left the workforce early because they just didn't want to work anymore. Too much crap to be dealt with at many corporations and hospitals.

I dont understand what people are not getting about letting in millions over the border who will not be able to get jobs or who simply won't want the ones available. What will it take to get you see this?

Old 11-28-2022, 04:28 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,927,242 times
Quote:
What’s your solution amigo since you haven’t offered any so far, save everybody some time and drop them off at the nearest polling place?

That would be nice except the millions upon millions of illegals that are pouring in right now will be added to our welfare rolls, not to our labor pool. There’s only a limited number of jobs for those who are uneducated, unskilled and don’t speak a word of English and who in their right mind would take those jobs when el jefe AKA Tio Jose is handing out billions of taxpayer dollars left and right in exchange for all those future votes?
I went to Lowes the other day and the woman processing my transaction didn't seem to speak much English at all and had trouble with the machine, however, she eventually figured it out without having to call someone for assistance. These folks are making an effort and trying to make a living. Even if they are fairly uneducated, unskilled and barely speak a word of English at least they are being contributing members of society by filling these types of roles. Unlike some others who come here for the free handouts and drain our services.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:26 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,082,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I went to Lowes the other day and the woman processing my transaction didn't seem to speak much English at all and had trouble with the machine, however, she eventually figured it out without having to call someone for assistance. These folks are making an effort and trying to make a living. Even if they are fairly uneducated, unskilled and barely speak a word of English at least they are being contributing members of society by filling these types of roles. Unlike some others who come here for the free handouts and drain our services.
Those pouring in across the southern border figured out they can get dinero without having to find trabajo as long as they know the "asylum jefe, asylum" password, and better yet they'll get to vote themselves even more dinero a few years down the road. $139,000,000 for just a few busloads, not too shabby!

Old 11-28-2022, 07:33 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,927,242 times
Quote:
Those pouring in across the southern border figured out they can get dinero without having to find trabajo as long as they know the "asylum jefe, asylum" password, and better yet they'll get to vote themselves even more dinero a few years down the road. $139,000,000 for just a few busloads, not too shabby!
When the free dinero runs out expect an increase in thefts and other crime.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:58 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
When the free dinero runs out expect an increase in thefts and other crime.
It doesn't really seem like the money ever runs out. Things just get more expensive for everyone else.

Old 11-28-2022, 08:21 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,082,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It doesn't really seem like the money ever runs out. Things just get more expensive for everyone else.
Exactly - #fightfor15 clowns for example got their $15 that buys them what their $7.50 used to buy before the #fight while all the nonprofit jockeys fighting the #fight in #solidarity who were making $15 are still making that same $15 which is now effectively $7.50. Uncle Joe can print enough to make everyone a trillionaire but it simply means we’ll have trillionaires standing in line for billion dollar loaves of bread.

Old 11-29-2022, 07:57 AM

21,782 posts, read 12,929,132 times
Everyone in this thread will be just fine.

Old 11-29-2022, 12:45 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Everyone in this thread will be just fine.
I won't be fine watching forests get destroyed for people who shouldn't be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts