Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 03:31 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,788,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyinMA View Post
Thanks!!! Yes, the office moves only late summer of 2023. So till then, I will have to telecommute or drive in/train....that is why I asked.
So the office is currently Downtown... and they are moving all the way out to Chelmsford next Summer? Talk about Red Flags. Let me guess, they are going to pull a Musk and there will be big time layoffs (or "layoffs") between now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2022, 11:34 PM

7 posts, read 6,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
So the office is currently Downtown... and they are moving all the way out to Chelmsford next Summer? Talk about Red Flags. Let me guess, they are going to pull a Musk and there will be big time layoffs (or "layoffs") between now and then.

Not really....the pandemic lead to a lot of people moving out of MA and towards NH and completely away from the NE, thanks to remote working really being adopted. We already could remote/flex work when we needed before the pandemic. So the office went from 125 folks locally to now where only 50-60 come to the office 2-3 times a week and our lease renewal is coming next year. Of that, 70-80% lives in NH. So yes, cost cutting is happening, but in a way it makes sense.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:07 AM

6 posts, read 5,549 times
I think Littleton is a great little town. We had friends who only moved out of there this summer due to moving abroad. They loved it there. Their daughter went to Shaker lane school for the last 2 years and I never heard nothing but praise about the school. The playground mentioned earlier on by someone else is really nice and not to forget that Long lake is a popular spot in the summer, with kids camps and swimming lessons on and you get membership for half price as resident. Electricity is town supplied. Our friend used to work in Marlborough and his commute was great on 495 and their house was very close to Littleton train station so they used that option good bit as well.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:15 PM

7 posts, read 6,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsand View Post
I think Littleton is a great little town. We had friends who only moved out of there this summer due to moving abroad. They loved it there. Their daughter went to Shaker lane school for the last 2 years and I never heard nothing but praise about the school. The playground mentioned earlier on by someone else is really nice and not to forget that Long lake is a popular spot in the summer, with kids camps and swimming lessons on and you get membership for half price as resident. Electricity is town supplied. Our friend used to work in Marlborough and his commute was great on 495 and their house was very close to Littleton train station so they used that option good bit as well.
Thanks!!! We drove around the town over the thanksgiving break and feel it is a nice little town too. Did not know abt the long lake beach being a popular spot....this is all good info to have. The only downside would be if you had to work in the city every day, no easy way to get there without traffic, or will have to hop on the train.

Old 12-01-2022, 11:59 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,415,676 times
I lived in Littleton for 27 years and worked third shift down Rt. 2 (so no commute problems). Other coworkers who worked in Cambridge Belmont areas were able to drive in to be on ti me at 7a, anything later was a jam -up. The train station has been redone with parking added and is a very good way to get to the Red Line in Cambridge if need be.

Long Lake is a treasure. No motorboats or jet skis!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts