Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2024, 08:56 AM

21,626 posts, read 12,718,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded

This has been addressed many, many times. So, yet once again---Bringing in unskilled, low IQ, functionally illiterate people to pay into SS is nothing but a Ponzi scheme. If you don't know what a Ponzi scheme is all about, do some googling.

What happens when all those people who were brought into this country for the sole purpose of paying into SS when they retire? Do we bring even more people to pay for the previous group's retirement? How many people will be too many for you? 1 billion? 2 billion? Because what you're proposing would lead us down such a road.

"The current political hysteria"? Seriously? Have you even been paying attention as to how negatively these millions of so-called "migrants" have been negatively affecting areas where they've showed up? Haven't you noticed how local officials in such areas have had to scramble to find shelter for these people? Never mind how much money it costs to feed them, give them phones, and debit cards.

Not to forget we know absolutely nothing about any of these "migrants". After all, none of them were vetted. Ponder that.
As everyone knows immigrants are generally just way harder workers and almost always are extremely helpful and rejuvenating to society. Everything you’re saying except low IQ (racist eugenic theory, you can’t help yourself- I know, no need for a lame rebuttal ) is true. And yet they STILL are SO helpful especially in urban life. And their kids are great and very productive and well educated. Before you know it their kids are thriving. You look back at this time as silly and embarrassing.

You just don’t want to tackle the clear indicators that MA does things to make itself less attractive to conventional native born Americans. Obviously it does, much of it in my opinion is rooted in a desire to create racially exclusive entities and municipalities and in an America with modern demographics and cultural attitudes it has the unintended effect of making the region less attractive to the MAJORITY of young Americans, even white Americans. What it offers is much more appealing to very well heeled people and very desperate, eager, people with few options and low standards for material wealth and physical comfort. So socioeconomically you get this bifurcated society, this dumbell shaped immigration chart which ultimately becomes characteristic of your native population.

Massachusetts has positioned itself as a place to gain education or business credentials and then extract a salary or home appreciation value and take that money to a more mainstream and reasonably priced state and let another working sch muck take your place on the wheel for a spell.

Rethink your zoning policy Puritan laws, tax structure and you may experience growth like a Washington State or South Carolina. I would say Colorado but theyve for migrants too- for what? I really don’t know.

Every state has its issues. MA has a low birth rate, housing shortage, budget deficit, is facing a demographic cliff in the youth population, a worker shortage, and has significant outmigration. It’s already an older state. The focus should be on how do we facilitate and generate more youthful in-migration, and how do we facilitate assimilation for these migrants who aren’t about to go anywhere else and came here for safety and survival reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Do you realize that people do not have many kids anymore due to the progress too?

European countries have so many benefits for population, yet they are not having many kids.

Many kids (unless you cannot use protection) usually happen to traditional families. Also to rural families... families where women are not very educated. To religions families which cannot use protection.

From progressive left we constantly hear that planet is already overpopulated.

I am not conservative... just my observations from reasonable center with experience of several types of societies.

And Europe has a whole host of related economic issues and is bringing in immigration at unprecedented levels as a result

No, we don’t hear the planet is overpopulated from the progressive left. We hear that the planets population is using too much energy in the form of fossil fuel.

Old 04-09-2024, 09:00 AM

16,293 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Look at the poorer areas of MA. How do those kids do? You think just because they go to elementary, middle and high school that they are well educated? Do most go on to college and have actual careers?

If you cant look at this situation and realize that being poor is a cycle then i dont know what to tell you. There might be SOME kids who go to do very well, but for most it will be hard to get ahead.

Old 04-09-2024, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Nope. Problem is not a shortage of workers, but a change of game when local people can decide that they can choose not to work, but still have food, housing etc.

Nope. Many countries are in disarray, but migrants are coming to the West. In my observations several countries are hoping people will flee and not just somewhere else, but to the West (in this case to USA) overwhelming resources. Attention will be switched to internal problems while they can continue their own imperialistic ways.

Nope. There are no obligations to change everything just to accommodate unlimited incomers. There are billions of people in problematic countries. If they decide to come to Massachusetts no amount of changes will help Massachusetts or even USA to stay afloat.

What needs to be done is stop allowing unlimited legal TPS or other types of migration. Also "remain in Mexico" must be reinstated instead of allowing everyone in and then allowing them to stay while case is processed which can be years.

Remove sanctuary status status from cities ... you already cannot manage them.

It is nice to be nice, but this is not sustainable solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Yes, what is really the problem is the number of people who CAN choose not to work these days. That's why no one is filling many of these unwanted jobs. It really doesn't even out when you let in millions of people who can't even work as soon as they get here...and who may or may not take these jobs.

Older people used to take on more jobs at grocery stores, dept stores. I really dont see that anymore because in many cases those older people have quite a bit saved for retirement or they're gettin social security or funds from somewhere else. This country has made it easy for some people to simply not work. I wont even get started on what more saavy people are doing online to make money.

no one is going to get excited about a job at walmart especially if they're already getting money from some other source. This country has screwed itself.

I hate to be the ones to break this news to y’all, but there are millions of people who don’t work and still get food and housing. They’re called seniors theyre called children. They called retired. they’re called inmates. They’re called housewives they’re disabled. They’re called regular unemployed people. They are called a lot of things and there’s millions and millios of them actually at least 100 million in the United State.. another couple 10,000s isn’t going to break us.

What’s even crazier? Is this idea that some things in life would take precedence over immediate employment. if you need six months to leave a life-threatening situation and travel a couple thousand miles maybe that’s just what has to happen. And that’s what’s society has to do to keep some semblance of order and civilization ..collectively. And some people are just gonna have to cry on the keyboard then go binge watch TV and go on about their business.

Old 04-09-2024, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Look at the poorer areas of MA. How do those kids do?
Um compared to who?

Kids in Haiti right now? Kids in Venezuela? Kids in Pahokee Florida? Kids in Baltimore?

The world average? How do they do? Well.

It would seem most of them live long , take trips, have families, and enjoy 90%+ employment. With only a few thousand going wayward in any generation.

Old 04-09-2024, 09:09 AM

958 posts, read 530,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post

And Europe has a whole host of related economic issues and is bringing in immigration at unprecedented levels as a result

No, we don’t hear the planet is overpopulated from the progressive left. We hear that the planets population is using too much energy in the form of fossil fuel.
Yes we hear this. Also fossil fuel. Of course planet will survive if fossil fuel will stop being used in the West!!!

Europe has economic problems because they added too many benefits and also in some countries stopped development of nuclear stations as dirty. They are being de-industrialized and at the same time they experience influx of people who are not integrating well.

Old 04-09-2024, 09:09 AM

Default re

Quote:
I hate to be the ones to break this news to y’all, but there are millions of people who don’t work and still get food and housing. They’re called seniors theyre called children. They called retired. they’re called inmates. They’re called housewives they’re disabled. They’re called regular unemployed people. They are called a lot of things and there’s millions and millios of them actually at least 100 million in the United State.. another couple 10,000s isn’t going to break us.

What’s even crazier? Is this idea that some things in life would take precedence over immediate employment. if you need six months to leave a life-threatening situation and travel a couple thousand miles maybe that’s just what has to happen. And that’s what’s society has to do to keep some semblance of order and civilization ..collectively. And some people are just gonna have to cry on the keyboard then go binge watch TV and go on about their business.
Oh yes, we know and we don't need more people like this. It's more than 10,000...

Old 04-09-2024, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Yes we hear this. Also fossil fuel. Of course planet will survive if fossil fuel will stop being used in the West!!!

Europe has economic problems because they added too many benefits and also in some countries stopped development of nuclear stations as dirty. They are being de-industrialized and at the same time they experience influx of people who are not integrating well.
I think it’s tired and boring how presumptuous you are about me.

I wasn’t going to say anything but I don’t think you blindly follow Europe. But I’m sure you would assume I do. Something they do well, some things not so well. We could use some Nevada, Florida, Texas, Maryland in our approach to politics and life just as much as we could use some Sweden or France or UK or Spain. The basic idea is be more amenable to change and draw more political will and action from other places not just vague “inspiration” for a commission to study.

Europe is also harder to draw parallels too as their attitudes around what constitutes family, birth control, and being single..it is all very different from the US. They can draw gratification and community building in different ways than we do here. There are things you can do in Europe effectively that you can’t do here.

Old 04-09-2024, 09:47 AM

Kick em out:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2024/04...mpaign=4511406

Old 04-09-2024, 11:27 AM

958 posts, read 530,986 times
Quote:
I think it’s tired and boring how presumptuous you are about me.

I wasn’t going to say anything but I don’t think you blindly follow Europe. But I’m sure you would assume I do. Something they do well, some things not so well. We could use some Nevada, Florida, Texas, Maryland in our approach to politics and life just as much as we could use some Sweden or France or UK or Spain. The basic idea is be more amenable to change and draw more political will and action from other places not just vague “inspiration” for a commission to study.

Europe is also harder to draw parallels too as their attitudes around what constitutes family, birth control, and being single..it is all very different from the US. They can draw gratification and community building in different ways than we do here. There are things you can do in Europe effectively that you can’t do here.
I am not presumptuous and I do not think we need to follow Europe.

I was just giving an example that idea about families having more kids if provided more benefits in modern society is not very reliable. (We need to improve our childcare somewhat. It is very expensive and may families just cannot afford it.)

We need to fix our immigration laws. We cannot rely on millions random people entering country. It worked for centuries, but back the there was no benefits incomers could count on. My friend's family came from Ireland (in 50-ies?) and they literally had to build house for themselves! What would've happen now? State would probably had to put them in some kind of hotel or shelter, because families cannot be homeless. And then why bother doing something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts