Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 06:57 PM

16,296 posts, read 8,126,207 times

Advertisements

It might be one of the silliest things I've heard in a while.

What's next ? My kid didn't get into such and such college, I'm suing ? My didn't make the elite team. I'm suing! My kid for spoken to by the teacher. I'm suing !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 07:10 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

What's next ? My kid didn't get into such and such college, I'm suing ? My didn't make the elite team. I'm suing! My kid for spoken to by the teacher. I'm suing !
Not sure why this is a surprise...this came out last year right after the marathon.

Old 04-13-2024, 10:38 AM

20,096 posts, read 8,998,912 times
I'm offended that they're offended. How's that?
Can't we all just be offended and move forward?

Old 04-13-2024, 10:42 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I'm offended that they're offended. How's that?
Can't we all just be offended and move forward?
Quite honestly yes, I find this lawsuit offensive. Offensive that it's able to move forward in our justice system.

Old 04-13-2024, 10:59 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
The judicial system here is really arse backwards. Folks who should be locked up are running free, the cases that should be prosecuted and justice served, aren't, etc. Gotta make a BLM point and show all their fellow supporters that this is an important case and look what we can do in MA to get this moving forward in the court system.

Old 04-13-2024, 11:07 AM

It's really strange to me that you can file a lawsuit against someone because you are offended. Now if police had used force or something against this group then there might be a case...but at the same time maybe they were a danger to the runners. It's just wild that you can sue the BAA and the newton police because you felt offended when you were asked to move/clear the way for runners. Sad times

This reminds me of that situation that happened during covid when masses and masses of inner city people (mostly black) decided to go hiking/walking on trails. They surprised the people on trails, scared horses, dogs, the regulars and felt it was racism. how about it was just not normal to see such huge crowds on normally quiet trails?

Anyways...seems like some people get offended over everything.

Old 04-13-2024, 11:17 AM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
It's really strange to me that you can file a lawsuit against someone because you are offended. Now if police had used force or something against this group then there might be a case...but at the same time maybe they were a danger to the runners. It's just wild that you can sue the BAA and the newton police because you felt offended when you were asked to move/clear the way for runners. Sad times

This reminds me of that situation that happened during covid when masses and masses of inner city people (mostly black) decided to go hiking/walking on trails. They surprised the people on trails, scared horses, dogs, the regulars and felt it was racism. how about it was just not normal to see such huge crowds on normally quiet trails?

Anyways...seems like some people get offended over everything.
Right, you can't even look at anyone the wrong way today without risking getting shot or sued!

Old 04-13-2024, 11:34 AM

especially if certain races are involved. oops i'm profiling

Old 04-15-2024, 09:32 AM

21,627 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Quote:

What's next ? My kid didn't get into such and such college, I'm suing ?
Didnt a white family do that at BLS in 1997?

Old 04-15-2024, 09:44 AM

958 posts, read 530,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Didnt a white family do that at BLS in 1997?
They did, I remember.

https://casetext.com/case/mclaughlin...-boston-school

Quote:
Background

Plaintiff's complaint asserted at length a mix of federal and state claims, some of which were later withdrawn or dismissed summarily. The essence of her claim under 42 U.S.C. § 1983 was that she was denied admission to BLS because 35% of the seats in the entering class had been reserved by the defendants for Black and Hispanic students, several of whom were admitted despite having scored lower than plaintiff on the annual entrance examination. The central allegation of the complaint was that the defendants' 35% set-aside for Black and His-panic applicants violated plaintiff's civil rights under the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. Defendants' position was that the classification at issue was narrowly tailored to ad
Kids were admitted despite having lower scores on exams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts