Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2007, 08:28 PM

967 posts, read 4,784,748 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for opinions on the best areas of Worcester. I know the Salisbury Street area as well as a bit of Burncoat and Tatnuck. Are there other desirable areas in town? Best condo complexes that aren't for over 55?

Is anyone familiar with the Biscuit Lofts on Envelope Terrace (off Shrewsbury Street)? Just wondering what you think of that area.

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 05:28 AM

458 posts, read 2,289,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletfire View Post
I'm looking for opinions on the best areas of Worcester. I know the Salisbury Street area as well as a bit of Burncoat and Tatnuck. Are there other desirable areas in town? Best condo complexes that aren't for over 55?

Is anyone familiar with the Biscuit Lofts on Envelope Terrace (off Shrewsbury Street)? Just wondering what you think of that area.

Thanks all!
For the price of a loft in Worcester (some of which are in up and coming areas and some of which are still a little dodgy) you can get a duplex or a small house without any condo fees on the following streets off of Goddard Memorial Drive: Ledgecrest, Nutmeg, Parsons Hill, Timrod. The closer you go to the airport side of those developments the newer (and nicer) the homes. You can get one of the older ones (15 years) for high 100s and one of the newer ones for low 200s. The neighborhoods are nice and many of the yards are wooded in the back. It's a nice option in Worcester.

You are also close to 290 and the Mass Pike if you are commuting for work.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:15 AM

Thanks so much Micah, it's actually for someone else who was looking only for a condo. I was trying to encourage him to check out single-family homes, as there are some lovely ones off Salisbury Street that are quite reasonable but he prefers townhome only. I had heard the Freemont lofts area was dodgy and that the Biscuit Lofts off Shrewsbury Street was a nice area.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:47 AM

46 posts, read 210,058 times
Weatherstone is a nice condo complex (off Blithewood Ave., on the SE side of Worcester off Grafton St.) with a mix of townhomes of varying styles, plus detached homes. There's a clubhouse and pool, and the monthly condo fees are reasonable and the complex and board is well-managed. There are always a few units for sale there. There are a couple other complexes further up on Blithewood (such as Rolling Oaks) but I think Weatherstone is a bit nicer.

The area around the Biscuit lofts is fine. Some of the other downtown loft areas probably aren't as safe, but will be getting a lot better in the next few years, such as the Water/Winter/Green/Harding Street(s) area.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:56 AM

Thanks Jonny!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 15,360 times
Default Biscuit Lofts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletfire View Post

Thanks all!
I'm the managing agent for the Biscuit Lofts. Great People, Great Community, Sound Reserve, Great Locations! Any other question, I'd be happy to help.

Athena

Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 PM

81 posts, read 331,907 times
My girlfriend is actually selling her house and moving into a condo . she showed me some condos off Salisbury Street. One was actually already in holden. All of them I beleive had a club house, pool, etc. they looked very clean and surrounded by beautiful nature. I think the prices are in 200,000s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts