Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 02:36 PM

1 posts, read 5,981 times

Advertisements

I am looking for nice family friendly neighborhood in Melrose, saw couple of houses on Cleveland and Lynde, are these safe and quiet areas, Cleveland was a one way street and I wondered if it was a cut through, and nice and kid friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 07:59 PM

59 posts, read 284,305 times
Default cleveland and lynde

lynde is more of a cut thru than cleveland, i would say. but both are relatively quiet streets, not very heavily traveled. cleveland i believe would be considered highlands, bordering on cork city neighborhood, a quite nice area. lynde would probably be considered downtown, and a smidge close to the west wyoming area which has a bad rep but is safe and thriving.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 5,771 times
there are two streets with the name lynde: lynde ave and lynde street, i assume you are talking about lynde ave which is not downtown and therefore not the cut through street.

i myself use cleveland as a cut through all the time. all of melrose is nice for the most part, the east side, horace mann area, and the highlands would have to be the best.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:47 PM

304 posts, read 774,335 times
It is a nice area, although it is used as a cut through to get to Wyoming. The area near Cedar Park, and the Melrose Highlands are very nice areas of Melrose that are close by. There are no really "bad" areas in Melrose, and it is a very kid-friendly town in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts