Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 07:58 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times

Advertisements

Ok, we bought the candy, kid has the costume. Only thing is I have NO idea when the city is actually trick or treating. I can't find anything on the local newspapers website. How does one find out? I asked people IRL that I know, but they don't live in our city so they had no idea and my neighbor hasn't been around to ask. I thought the City of Fall River's website would have had the info at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 10:39 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,917,593 times
I can't tell you about any special events scheduled in Fall River, but across MA in general there is no Little Devils' Night or Beggars' Night, or whatever other name it's known by in some states, a day or two before Halloween. Trick-or-treating takes place on Halloween itself.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:30 AM

368 posts, read 1,388,687 times
Are there other parents you can ask? I asked here, and Sharon's is on Sunday night, but next door, Foxborough's is on Saturday night. You might call town hall, or maybe the school, or Chamber... or just knock on the neighbors door and ask when they are taking their kids.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:37 AM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Foxborough is having trick or treating on Saturday night because of the Sunday night Patriot's game. Otherwise, it would be on Halloween night like all the other cities and towns.

I realize other states have different customs/rules, but here we are very traditional.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Foxborough is having trick or treating on Saturday night because of the Sunday night Patriot's game. Otherwise, it would be on Halloween night like all the other cities and towns.

I realize other states have different customs/rules, but here we are very traditional.
Soooo, Casey, I was driving through Mansfiled tonight, and there were tons of trick or treaters out with their presumably Massachusetts-traditional parents tonight. What was that you were saying about 'all other cities and towns'?

Jus' sayin'...

Old 10-30-2010, 06:55 PM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AandD View Post
Soooo, Casey, I was driving through Mansfiled tonight, and there were tons of trick or treaters out with their presumably Massachusetts-traditional parents tonight. What was that you were saying about 'all other cities and towns'?

Jus' sayin'...
They must have gotten lost on their way to Foxborough:

"Or can you? The Board of Selectmen in Foxboro told families to trick or treat tonight to avoid traffic from the game. Smart, right? Except now people from other towns have gotten wind of the date change and are planning to descend on the suburb for their confection connection."

Patriots fans, put on your game faces for Halloween - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1292509 - broken link)

Better turn off your lights, lest they invade Sharon. Unless you have an unlimited supply of candy?

Old 10-31-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
They must have gotten lost on their way to Foxborough:

"Or can you? The Board of Selectmen in Foxboro told families to trick or treat tonight to avoid traffic from the game. Smart, right? Except now people from other towns have gotten wind of the date change and are planning to descend on the suburb for their confection connection."

Patriots fans, put on your game faces for Halloween - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1292509 - broken link)

Better turn off your lights, lest they invade Sharon. Unless you have an unlimited supply of candy?
Welllll, I have to admit that for a moment I thought about taking the kids to F'boro last night for a little H'ween pre-gaming... but then decided that teaching my kids how to 'game the candy system' wasn't a trait I wanted to instill. lol.

BUT... had I been a teenager, I'd have TOTALLY pre-gamed for H'ween in F'boro!

Old 10-31-2010, 02:44 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times
So glad husband is giving out candy tonight since I hear every kid in town heads over to our side multiple times to hit everyone up for candy. Can't wait to see all the kids costumes though. Just disappointed that I don't know anyone here yet to go out dressed up myself, and that it is a work day tomorrow

Merry Samhain and Happy Halloween everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts