Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2007, 08:35 PM

17 posts, read 69,863 times

Advertisements

Im going to be staying in maui for the whole summer in 08. I was wondering where i should stay at. Im 20 years old and im going to want a night life. I also want to live somewhere where it isnt too windy. I was thinking kihei, but i dont know much about it. I've been on vacation in maui numerous times. I only stayed on the north western part of maui ( Kahana, kaanapali, Lahaina). I think rent would be too much over there and it was a little too windy near kahana. I would also like to stay some where thats close to a good surfing spot. Any ideas??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 PM

8 posts, read 37,386 times
Default I bet you'd love Nona Lani Cottages

I'm 19 and just vacationed with 6 of my friends at Nona Lani about 2 weeks ago, and it was honestly the best vacation i've ever had. The cottages are on 455 South Kihei Road, right across from th beach. There were some pretty decent waves, but if you want bigger ones stop at one of the beaches that line the highway going towards lahaina.
The cottages themselves are small and cozy; one cottage sleeps 4. Each cottage has a fully equipped kitchen, a bathroom, and a nice little sitting area with a tv. There is a nice king sized bed in the bedroom, a futon, and a cot. Every cottage has a lanai and an outdoor shower so you can rinse the sand off yourself after going to the beach. Rates are something like $85 or $95 a night. The people that own the place are really, really nice and can help you find pretty much anything in town.

Nona Lani Cottages may not be for everyone...if you want to stay at a sprawling mega-resort you will be dissapointed. But if you want a nice and affordable place to stay with a great beach in your front yard, this is it.

Nona Lani Cottages, Kihei, Maui, Hawaii - Happy Valley Hale Hostel, Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii

Old 07-17-2007, 04:36 AM

46 posts, read 1,100,315 times
Finding a rental in Kihei is going to be WAY easier than the West side... and probably much cheaper.

Night life options are pretty slim anywhere on the island... Kihei has some ok bars and late night eatery's (like the triangle, sansei, freds, mooses, etc)... I am not too familiar with Lahaina, but I am sure some exist over there as well.

Wind is a fact of life here and makes living in this hot humid environment so much more pleasant... When the trades die down Maui is sweltering!!! You will learn to love the wind... and miss it when there isn't any! You probably want to avoid Ma'alaea though, that is one of the windiest places (if not the windiest) on the island!

I like living in Kihei because it is pretty close to everything. I am surprised by how often I go into Kahului for things like costco, home depot, walmart, the mall, etc. All of which don't exist on the West side. Traffic can be a pain coming from Lahaina, especially during rush hour. Plus living in Kihei puts you a little closer to the north side... perfect for surfing!

Good luck with the summer plans... hope that helped!!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:14 PM

17 posts, read 69,863 times
thanks any other info ppl??

Old 07-19-2007, 01:39 AM

120 posts, read 1,167,508 times
If your only going to be here 3 months its really not a big deal. Just find a cheap place in Kihei.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui