Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 2,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyroid_gal View Post
We packed up and moved our family of 5 and our business to Maui in August of 2011 with a mere 15 suitcases and 2 boxes of school books sent media rate. We've been living in a furnished condo across the street from the beach and we never.ever. want to leave Maui.

Now that we know "for sure" that we want to stay, we are preparing to bring over our stuff that is in storage in Austin, Texas. We figure we need a full 20' container.... but the price difference between an 20' container and a 40' container is very low.

If you are looking to ship belongings from Texas or anywhere along the route from Texas to Long Beach send me a PM and lets see if we can coordinate a container split. My thought is that whoever is further East would load their stuff and build a wall inside, then we'll have the container moved to the next location and finish loading it before sending it on to the docks in Long Beach.

We are flexible on dates, but hope to do this sometime between March - June.
Hi...wondering if you were still looking to share a container. Pretty funny....but we are moving to Maui...kids and I on 3/20/12 and husband to follow in a few months....annnnnd...we're moving from Dallas. lol Have some stuff we want to ship....not a ton but definitely curious to see if you are still looking for someone. Please DM me.[mod] For your personal safety, do not list your phone# or E mail addy here. Use the DM feature instead. Thanks.[/mod] Thanks....

Last edited by 7th generation; 03-16-2012 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,210 times
Quote:
Hi all,

We found a person to share a container with - check the craigslist postings on the island you hope need to move stuff to, that's what worked for me.
sorry...nevermind...didn't see this post. hope you are enjoying yourselves. see you out there. lol

Old 03-16-2012, 01:03 AM

24 posts, read 62,619 times
Any suggestions? My husband is flying to Texas on Tuesday to pack up. Whee!

Old 03-25-2012, 02:58 AM

14 posts, read 26,412 times
Aloha t-gal!
I would love to get ahold of you . I think we share a sitter? You have her twice a week and I have her once in awhile as I don't need a regular thing. Drop me a line and we can talk if you like.

Mahalo,
Michelle

Old 05-11-2012, 11:28 PM

8 posts, read 16,330 times
I wish I had seen this posting sooner. Amazingly enough my husband and I are also looking to share a container from Austin to Maui in the near future. If anyone else is reading this post and interested please message me. Also, ThyroidGal... Can you message me what details you can about your move. What company you used, price, timeline, etc... Thanks so much!

Old 09-08-2012, 09:09 PM

3 posts, read 1,880 times
Is it too late? Im in

Old 09-08-2012, 09:11 PM

3 posts, read 1,880 times
Quote:
We packed up and moved our family of 5 and our business to Maui in August of 2011 with a mere 15 suitcases and 2 boxes of school books sent media rate. We've been living in a furnished condo across the street from the beach and we never.ever. want to leave Maui.

Now that we know "for sure" that we want to stay, we are preparing to bring over our stuff that is in storage in Austin, Texas. We figure we need a full 20' container.... but the price difference between an 20' container and a 40' container is very low.

If you are looking to ship belongings from Texas or anywhere along the route from Texas to Long Beach send me a PM and lets see if we can coordinate a container split. My thought is that whoever is further East would load their stuff and build a wall inside, then we'll have the container moved to the next location and finish loading it before sending it on to the docks in Long Beach.

We are flexible on dates, but hope to do this sometime between March - June.
Is it too late? Im in

Old 09-14-2012, 06:47 PM

7 posts, read 7,348 times
Cool Share container to Maui

[quote=MauiSmitty;24269752]I wish I had seen this posting sooner. Amazingly enough my husband and I are also looking to share a container from Austin to Maui in the near future. If anyone else is reading this post and interested please message me. Also, ThyroidGal... Can you message me what details you can about your move. What company you used, price, timeline, etc... Thanks so much![/quote

Hi, I have 3 pallets of tools/carparts sitting in CA that I need to share a container with someone. Funny I had just shared a container with a couple from TX. a few months back??? anyway if your still looking let me know????
Thanks

Old 11-21-2013, 08:09 PM

4 posts, read 4,889 times
Anyone have room on a container from San Francisco Bay Area to Maui in December (2013) or want to share? Prices from Matson for a 20 foot container are about $4,100, based on the quotes I've received.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: