Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 01:56 AM

20 posts, read 27,111 times

Advertisements

Let me get this right.... You've had many emails and direct messages and live near the OP who had zero connections on Maui, and you've never met????!!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha WTF?

So basically you just proved I'm right?

I've nothing to hide anyone can come to where I live in southpointe and have a beer anytime
Or see me at my weekly Sunday morning hang out for drinks at the tiki bar

Ask for Jerry. I'm 5'10" mixed Hispanic .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 07:48 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,283,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauimagic View Post
Let me get this right.... You've had many emails and direct messages and live near the OP who had zero connections on Maui, and you've never met????!!!!!

Hahahahahahahaha WTF?

So basically you just proved I'm right?

I've nothing to hide anyone can come to where I live in southpointe and have a beer anytime
Or see me at my weekly Sunday morning hang out for drinks at the tiki bar

Ask for Jerry. I'm 5'10" mixed Hispanic .
Yes you have the part right that I had many e-mails and direct messages with Maui-Intoxicated. The rest is an assumption on your part. While the only way to positively verify that someone is actually on Maui would be to check it out for yourself in person or have someone you trust check it out. Even then, you could be meeting someone that is not really the person that you were talking to on the Internet forum or by e-mail. After you talk for awhile, enough confidence is gained that you are talking to someone that is that is legitimate.

Simply asking people what business is near another business is easy for anyone to answer without ever being there. I could have researched what business was across the street from the government building, and told you the correct answer, even though I never been to Maui yet. My last and only visit to Hawaii was to Oahu 50 years ago, just after Hawaii became a state. I am planning my next visit this November. If I like it, the visits will happen many times, much more frequent and for longer time periods, especially during the rotten cold and snowy Minnesota winters.

There may be opportunities to meet people on the forum that actually live in Maui or the other islands when visiting there or living there. I hope to meet some people that moved there in November when I am physically there. However, it takes both parties to be willing to meet, even in a public place. I think meeting someone in person would help improve the understanding how it is to live in Hawaii.

The reason for my interest is a possible retirement location. I believe that Hawaii has the best weather in the United States, if you pick the right area on the island that is best microclimate for you. However, no matter what location you decide to live always good things and has something wrong with it. No place is perfect. Hawaii is one of the most expensive places to live, but may be worth the cost to me. By living well below the standard of living my income could provide, I have saved a lot of money to retire, unlike the vast majority of Americans who save nothing or nearly nothing. So, I could afford to live in Hawaii, but there may be other factors that won't make it a good fit.

You might be able to meet some of the people in person on the forum that live in Maui, if and only if they are willing to meet you in person. If you are too toxic or hostel, no one will want to meet with you in person. At the same time, they can personally verify that you are actually on Maui too!

Old 07-11-2013, 07:54 AM

18,412 posts, read 19,068,439 times
if you think someone is fake...don't reply to their posts. easy

Old 07-11-2013, 09:48 AM

Wonderful advice from someone who has never been to maui nor lives here......

What a bunch if losers with zero life

Living life in cyber city

Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,283,149 times
Quote:

That kind of attitude will get you no where in life!

By the way, your posts earlier today seem to be made extremely early in the morning Hawaii time. Do you stay up all night? Or, are you really posting from a different time zone?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:28 AM

When you have to be to work at 7..... You get up early. Just starting my day.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:47 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,103,380 times
Quote:
blah blah blah
So what are you going to do once you realize maui-intoxicated is actually on island?

Apologize?
Rescind your comments?
Or just go away?

I suspect the 3rd option will be the case. But what do I know? You could be a 13yr old pimply teenager in North Dakota having a bit of fun on the interweb searching for bewbs and posting on forums. Or you could be a Russian hacker trying to get personal information in order to finally break that password that gives you access to the person's e-mail and bank account. I could be wrong, it's hard to say.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 PM

941 posts, read 1,970,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroth View Post
When I lived on Oahu it was like having one foot nailed down. I'd leave to go out and say, well, I can either do a left circle or a right circle around the island today. Kinda small, but, I am from Texas. lol
Good thing you weren't on any of those islands where the road doesn't go all the way around--or even islands that aren't round. You would've had to--gasp--backtrack and see the same road twice in one day. Problem with Texas is that you can drive 10 times as far and still see 10 times less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroth View Post
The problem with island living is, what kind of drama do the people that are bored dream up or create for you two as a couple? That is the wild card that I see for you.
Whaaaat? So in the Aloha state you have to be fearful of the people around you, but not in Texas, land of guns in trucks and dragging death? The fear you make up is so obviously fake.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:27 PM

1,730 posts, read 3,817,119 times
Quote:

Hey, that's ME, Cyber City! Smacked down without a even a fight ....

Old 07-15-2013, 12:56 AM

280 posts, read 473,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCity View Post
Hey, that's ME, Cyber City! Smacked down without a even a fight ....

Casualties of the troll wars. Please do not feed the trolls.

This made my spill my mai tai all over the screen.

Wasn't it gorgeous weekend in Maui! I did some paddle boarding at a popular south beach spot on Saturday with my co worker and Sunday was a relax day. It's been gorgeous all weekend, but back to work!

Davephan: How has the weather been back in Minnesota? Can't wait to see you around the island when you get here in November good buddy. By then I will be well acclimated. You want fish, I know expensive and cheap, you want kite lessons, I know a guy, you want local grease food I know the place, you want pizza, I know the place you do NOT want to go. I want to give a shout out to the Arcade in Kihei above the Frozen Gilatto place...a guy I know owns it and it's one of a few arcades and its cheap.

If you need a realtor, I know a guy he has contributed to this forum as well.

I am going to cover a few topics later for those still following my entire thread. I wanted to expand on a few things but it was a long fun weekend here!

I figured I would list my bucket list for the next year here since I am at a lull in the administration side of moving.
Paddle board - done
Hike a ton of places, maybe the commando as listed above. I already got in touch with an expert who has guided that one many times.

Swim in some ponds
Take my 4x4 places people don't typically know about.
Buy my honey some cool Hawaiian jewelry and dresses.
Check out the firing range, perhaps rifle and range if they both exist.
Complete the road to hana.
See Haleakala suset.
Hike the crater.
Catch more than 2 waves in a row without taking a digger on a surf board.
Ride a scooter, although not up hill and against the wind... its so funny seeing people hurled over there mopeds while climbing the hills, I shake my head and think of the chiropractor visits and massages they will need to endure. Speaking of which, any recommendations on good local massages, or perhaps a non-traditional to me so more Hawaiian or Polynesian style massage/technique?
Meet someone from a different country every week.
Go home to visit my dad and family and friends 2x this year.
Travel to Oahu, Big Island and hopefully Kauai.
Take a ride on a catamaran, yacht or other cool boat...preferably get hooked up...maybe trade web design services.
I already started 2 businesses here, I do freelance webdev for small businesses and I have 3 clients I met in the month I have been here, and I started a maui seed or vc / venture capital firm called MauiSeed. com so I can scratch that off my bucket list.
Help some folks less fortunate than me...in ways I haven't discovered yet
Cleanup the beaches more and more... I already did a bit of this. There are also clubs you can join to help clean beaches. Tons of junk washes ashore.
Start a club or meet up for something I am passionate about so I can share and learn... perhaps Golden Retrievers, chev pickup trucks, skiing, webdev and online marketing or something of that nature.
Go to New Zealand, business or first class.

Find my wife a job in direct support for developmentally disabled adults in the Maui community. She loves advocating for adults whom were born different and likes giving them the most normal lives possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui