Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 01:06 AM

9 posts, read 12,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui-intoxicated View Post
Heh. I am here. I just passed my 3week anniversary on-island!

This post is from beginning to end, from prior to me even realizing moving to Maui was a possibility, to actually realizing and executing the move. I am actually still in the process of moving technically... since my wife and furry friend are still mainland.

I live in Wailuku. Still looking for a place to rent starting October that will take my super well behaved Golden Retriever. I am just now starting to feel out the "pet rental" market out... I am holed up in a bachelor pad right on the beach which is pretty cool for the time being.

BTW The pacific trade winds really picked up today...it's been so humid that it is welcoming for me!
I see you DID move! Very brave. This is off the wall, to keep boredom away...are you interested in having a metal detector? I just think cruising around with a little kit of things to do shallow digs and sand sifting could turn up some interesting things like rings and spare change! lol

Enjoy the sunset! Start a collection of photos with the sun setting behind some kind of boat, that's what I did when I was there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 01:15 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,591,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maui-intoxicated View Post
I live in Wailuku. Still looking for a place to rent starting October that will take my super well behaved Golden Retriever. I am just now starting to feel out the "pet rental" market out... I am holed up in a bachelor pad right on the beach which is pretty cool for the time being.
Didn't realize there were any 'pads' on the beach in Wailuku.. didn't realize Wailuku even had a beach to have a bachelors pad on. Must be I have never been to that part of Wailuku......

Aloha

Old 07-10-2013, 01:24 AM

20 posts, read 27,126 times
That's why it seems 'odd'. I just moved here. I'm half Mexican and I work in wailuku, I don't even feel like its home as it so local, and by appearance I fit in. A white guy from the city in MN uprooting without his dog and wife to live in a 'bachelor pad'??? And in wailuku????

I live in Kihei temp. Girlfriend here 4 weeks, back in San Diego, but most likely resigning from her school so she can be here and sub should she not get hired. She's only been gone 2 days ....couldn't imagine deserting my wife and dog especially when the OP post said he telecommutes!!! He couldn't wait for his wife?!

Seems fake like a maui resident pulling our leg....

If you think my post about getting a psych consult and social work job ( I speak Spanish) wasn't for real I'm sorry but I think you guys have been played ....lol

Old 07-10-2013, 01:33 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,591,685 times
I just moved here myself, well, a few months ago... I've been to Wailuku, not too much beach there... Maybe further up Iao Stream.......And,, maybe he is here, just getting his 'Wai's' confused. Wailuku, Waiehu, Waihee, all sounds the same,,, sort of.... not really

That's kind of like 'dog' months..... REALLY long ones

And nothing wrong with Kihei, once you're a half mile off shore

Old 07-10-2013, 03:36 AM

1,730 posts, read 3,822,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Didn't realize there were any 'pads' on the beach in Wailuku.. didn't realize Wailuku even had a beach to have a bachelors pad on. Must be I have never been to that part of Wailuku......

Aloha
Waiehu?

Old 07-10-2013, 05:18 AM

337 posts, read 615,172 times
Ocean View subdivision in Waiehu has a nice little beach park, its still Wailuku zip code.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:18 AM

I read all his posts and he acts very financially secure.....

Nothing wrong with that side of the island ....

Like I said it isn't ' beachy'. Ever hear someone say let's go to the beach on wailuku ????

Also, it's very local ....

For a transplant that supposedly has a lot of coin seems off....

OP.... What beach ? Cross roads ? Describe buildings and stores/businesses in wailuku and 2 common streets. You said it's rural ? Elaborate for us . Oh and pics please ! Thanks

Old 07-10-2013, 09:58 AM

I've got a jeopardy ? OP

What restaurant chain is across from the state building ?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:30 AM

280 posts, read 474,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauimagic View Post
I read all his posts and he acts very financially secure.....

Nothing wrong with that side of the island ....

Like I said it isn't ' beachy'. Ever hear someone say let's go to the beach on wailuku ????

Also, it's very local ....

For a transplant that supposedly has a lot of coin seems off....

OP.... What beach ? Cross roads ? Describe buildings and stores/businesses in wailuku and 2 common streets. You said it's rural ? Elaborate for us . Oh and pics please ! Thanks

Those questions are all pretty personal, if you must know, please IM me and we can grab coffee in Kihei sometime.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:32 AM

280 posts, read 474,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
I just moved here myself, well, a few months ago... I've been to Wailuku, not too much beach there... Maybe further up Iao Stream.......And,, maybe he is here, just getting his 'Wai's' confused. Wailuku, Waiehu, Waihee, all sounds the same,,, sort of.... not really

That's kind of like 'dog' months..... REALLY long ones

And nothing wrong with Kihei, once you're a half mile off shore

Hah, are you guys private investigators? You can guess all you want but it's too personal for me to disclose my exact location. I do want SOME privacy...keeping in mind I went out on a limb for the sake of knowledge sharing to share my experiences here.

Anyways back on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui