Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 04:10 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,152,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk, ice cream? Ice cream, Mandrake? Children's ice cream!...You know when fluoridation began?...1946. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works. I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love... Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I — I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence.

Mahalo, Dr. Strangelove

uuuurrrrpppp
Lol, I love how Hawaiian forum threads devolve. How to turn a question on floride into a Hunter S Thompson rant or is it a message about Harry Potter? I can't keep the laugh tears out of my eyes long enough to tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,512,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredesch View Post
How to turn a question on floride into a Hunter S Thompson rant or is it a message about Harry Potter?
Neither. It's General Jack D. Ripper.

Dr. Strangelove, Or:... (1964)

Old 10-04-2013, 09:13 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,566,542 times
Which is better for watching Sunsets for early November, Kihei/Wailea or Napali? Also, requiring calm swimming beaches, so would Napili possibly have big surf if there's a swell, and are they more likely in winter?

I have elderly guests coming to Maui looking for condo on/very close to a swimming beach. Walking distance to beach and amenities would be nice, they won't have a car. Not looking for Resort experience, just simple condo is fine. Also, don't need a snokel spot or any action, just a calm beach to wade in.

Also, I'm wondering if Kihei/Wailea might blow them out in the afternoons/evenings with the wind. Kaanapali/Napili seemed to always be calm when I've been up there in the evenings. Will that change in beginning of November, (minus any tropical storms or fronts)?

Old 10-04-2013, 10:11 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,588,980 times
Winds normally start to back off a little before sunset. Kamaole Nalu is a condo makai side of Kihei Road, between Kamaole 1 and 2, my sister stays there with her family when they come over, right on the water, so great sunset views. As far as watching the sunset, I think in Wailea they charge about a dollar three eighty to watch it go part way down, four dollar one fifty for the whole deal. Of course, in Kihei the sunset is free, Wailea is just always a little more expensive.

Hope this, uuuurrrrpppp, scuze me, helps

(I've already spent the 500 bucks I'm going to win, think I'll get a whole book of Wailea sunset coupons)

Old 10-04-2013, 11:06 PM

Thanks. Good suggestion. I too was thinking Kamaole 1-2 . Lots of casual, but nice eats right there too.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:14 AM

337 posts, read 614,946 times
West Maui side Kahana tends to get fairly windy around the beach. I'm not sure about Napili as I only go there during the day time. T

hat calm water area around Napili, you'll want Flemmings. (its called Kapalua Bay now). As for condos right there I think Napili Kai? The condo complex with Seawatch restaurant is located in? You can walk to Kapalua Bay from there. Its like a cove so not really strong waves. Good snorkeling too.

Napili Bay is close by too, its reef is out a little bit too so you'll be sheltered from high waves, and the hills on the north side protects against wind. I hear it gets crowded with families though just fyi. Some condos right there on the beach are Napili Shores. If they have an good morning appetite they can go to Gazebo for breakfast. Probly the best breakfast that side of Maui.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:11 AM

Good suggestions, worth a drive up to scout around. I'd l especially like to test run the breakfast! lol,

Old 10-08-2013, 12:08 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,788,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Which is better for watching Sunsets for early November, Kihei/Wailea or Napali? Also, requiring calm swimming beaches, so would Napili possibly have big surf if there's a swell, and are they more likely in winter?
Also, I'm wondering if Kihei/Wailea might blow them out in the afternoons/evenings with the wind.
Dominant swell direction October - April is mostly from the north, so any beach on the south or SW side will likely be fairly calm in November. Trade winds also ratchet back significantly in those months. Kihei and Maalaea will still be somewhat windy because of the Venturi effect between Haleakala and the West Mauis, but Wailea-Makena and anything between Pali and Napili should be not too windy.

Last edited by TwoByFour; 10-08-2013 at 12:34 AM..

Old 11-28-2013, 02:24 PM

Happy Thanksgiving all!!

Process server showed up at the Kula house I'm renting..looking for my slum-lord(Landlord). She's living on beachfront Malibu, shows only a Kula PO Box as a contact point. but they said they would simply list the notice or something to that effect, rather then track her down in California to serve her the papers.

I pleaded the server for a tad of info, explained that my landlord is a narcotics addicted, mentally unstable person with whom I no longer have communications with except for email...(an attorney suggested this as a way to keep a record of all conversations, and keep her screaming and threats down to a minimum, lol)..the server said they weren't allowed to tell me what the papers were.However, he hinted later that I may want to go down to a county office fairly soon and see if a notice of default has been filed on the house I'm living in....

So, my slum lord is rent skimming!! Big surprise. My question is what county agency/office in Maui do I go to see if notice has been filed or any pre-foreclosure papers?
In Las Vegas , county info was online and frequently updated. Is rent skimming illegal in Hawaii? This Landlord still has a full security deposit and an illegally collected and retained 'last months rent'.

A Lawyer friend suggested(not legal advice but a possible strategy) to not pay a months rent and use up the 'last months rent', and use up 'Security deposit' as last months rent as there's a high risk she will not return security deposit and I 'll spend time and money suing her for it. If she tries to evict me for not paying rent, then then I counter sue for illegal 'last months rent she collected'..also I could tell the judge I was aware her house was in the later stages of foreclosure and I was concerned she wouldn't have my security deposit.

Lease up May 10th...any ideas on strategies?

Old 11-29-2013, 01:50 PM

32,723 posts, read 48,321,659 times
If the house gets foreclosed, the tenant has legal rights and plenty of time to move.

Until a foreclosure is finalized, the landlord still owns that house and you still owe them rent. You have no way of knowing whether or not she will pay to get the house out of foreclosure, which happens fairly frequently.

You signed a contract to pay each month, so pay. If the landlord files an eviction on you, it will go a long ways towards ruining your life.

I do suggest that you pay attention so that you don't send her any more rent after a foreclosure is finalized. However, a foreclosure can possibly take years to finalize. The banks seem to prefer to not move on the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui