Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 07:35 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,166,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
A family of 6 in 1,000 sq ft. I'm not even sure that's legal.

From my understanding, it is insurance that limits the amount of people in one dwelling especially if it is a condo complex.

Think if a fire broke out in a condo highrise and everyone had six people in a two bedroom condo, many would not be able to evacuate down the steps and escape the blaze due to the massive crowding in the stairwells.

Six people in 1000 square feet sounds miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 07:31 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,567,898 times
Looking for feedback on the Natural Food Stores on Maui.... Down to Earth or Whole Foods...which has bigger selection, hows pricing?? Is Hawaiian Moons overpriced?
Ambiance? Thanks.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:53 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,526,542 times
My take on it... Hawaiian Moons and Down to Earth are expensive. Whole Foods is very expensive, but has the best selection.

Hawaiian Moons and Down to Earth are homegrown, Whole Foods is a corporate chain.

While you're out cruising around looking for sprouts, don't miss Mana Foods in Paia.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:35 AM

805 posts, read 1,512,687 times
If your life is about shopping at dept stores and malls, Oahu would be a better place for that than Maui.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:43 AM

805 posts, read 1,512,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeinspectorboise View Post
Medical care is great on Maui if you have the common cold. Try dealing with a knee or hip surgery or something major. Oahu is your only "hope" and even then many patients have to fly to the main land for surgery that Hawaii can not handle. Believe me, it happened to us. After calling Hawaii home for nearly 15 years, we had to relocate to the main land due to medical reasons. We just could not afford to fly back and forth to the main land and Oahu for routine services found in any other "state". Hawaii is very much still in third world status when it comes to medical issues. Even our neighbor in Kihei who works as an RN at Maui Memorial told us personally that he would never let any of his family members have surgery in Hawaii of any kind.

SOOOOOOOOO true! I know someone who almost died because the emergency room doctors couldn't figure out she had an appendix that needed to be removed. They let her lie there for 4 hours vomiting and turning green.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,424,704 times
Default lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Looking for feedback on the Natural Food Stores on Maui.... Down to Earth or Whole Foods...which has bigger selection, hows pricing?? Is Hawaiian Moons overpriced?
Ambiance? Thanks.
They're all overpriced. It's just the nature of the beast.
K

Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 PM

Yeah, that's too be expected. It looks from my research that up in Kula there's a fair amount of vegatables and friuts and goat cheese, dairy products and eggs. That's nice. But I'm not a vegan, so guess I have to head down to Kahului for stuff.

Looks like Polly's in Makawao the closest greasy Mexican food place..

Not interested in alcohol, in addition to Polly's is there any other hole in the walls Mexican joints on the island worth checking out ?

Old 04-27-2013, 04:28 PM

By the way, I do read reviews.

It just seems the Mexican Food reviews in Maui are not objective and informative. In fact most aren't even subjective and opinion based, the reviews seemingly reveal a family feud between 2 businesses.

The attacks oscillate between Maui Tacos and Amigo's. The bartenders and servers are personally attacked, and complaits about teenagers, flies, and the Spanish channel on TV.

Just want to know how the food is. And don't care about Fish Taco's.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:11 AM

337 posts, read 615,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
By the way, I do read reviews.

It just seems the Mexican Food reviews in Maui are not objective and informative. In fact most aren't even subjective and opinion based, the reviews seemingly reveal a family feud between 2 businesses.

The attacks oscillate between Maui Tacos and Amigo's. The bartenders and servers are personally attacked, and complaits about teenagers, flies, and the Spanish channel on TV.

Just want to know how the food is. And don't care about Fish Taco's.
In my opinion the best Mexican food is at Fiesta Time in Wailuku. And if you want to make your own stuff the go to the Mexican spice store right next door. I really like the other spots, but for reason this one always hits the spot.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:53 AM

1,730 posts, read 3,822,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
SOOOOOOOOO true! I know someone who almost died because the emergency room doctors couldn't figure out she had an appendix that needed to be removed. They let her lie there for 4 hours vomiting and turning green.
There are some medical facilities in Hawaii, just as everywhere else in the United States, that are not the sort of place you'd "choose", if you had a choice. But there are also excellent medical facilities that have great doctors and clean, well equipped facilities.

Hawaii is not a state without decent hospitals, it has many good hospitals. But as happens in the medical profession, there are mistakes, just like there are everywhere, Hawaii and elsewhere..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui