Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 08:27 PM

317 posts, read 749,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruprick View Post
Reason #529 not to use your real name on internet forums
Reason #530 to be fair & honest & KIND when you report on a new culture

You mean I shouldn't have used my last name delmioquartiere -you wont find that on any social media
or anything for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 08:49 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,307,395 times
In my neighborhood?

Old 12-31-2013, 12:36 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,788,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon to kauai View Post
I looked up the original poster on Facebook and guess what? Her and her doctor husband still live in Maui, almost 6 years later. Guess it was not so bad after all
Wow. I was bored or something and read all those original posts. Definitely an unhappy camper back then. She did not seem to want to be here, so no wonder she hated the place. Sounds like she somehow adjusted.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:52 AM

10 posts, read 17,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaHuff View Post
newUNproof-exactly my point. Hawaii will work for you, if you are: Single, have a hobby that is related to the beach-like surfing, diving, have lots of money, like isolated life and not very ambitious, and will be happy if they dont achieve much in life-lets face it-there are not that many career opportunities here, besides having your own business. I see many young people in their 30ies working at resorts, as guides, instructors, etc. if you are fine with it-you will be happy. If you dont expect much from your life-you will be fine, if all you need is frolicking on the beach and hiking to waterfalls.
But many people are not like this-they want to grow, learn something new every day, have a career, have children and family, and be able to give good life to their kids-with good schools, colleges, ability to see the world.

I seriously doubt that any of the people in those big rich houses i see on the island, made their money here-they made it elsewhere and came here to enjoy their success...and it works. Otherwise it does not-there are really not that many places you can apply yourself.
Ummm…. so you will only enjoy living on Maui if you aren't ambitious…? You're kidding me… this girl is completely off her rocker.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon to kauai View Post
I looked up the original poster on Facebook and guess what? Her and her doctor husband still live in Maui, almost 6 years later. Guess it was not so bad after all
I just tried to look her up on Facebook and didn't come up with anything...

Old 04-07-2014, 01:39 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,512,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleJoyy View Post
I just tried to look her up on Facebook and didn't come up with anything...
If you look in the upper left corner of the post you will see that you are replying to posts that are 5 years old, and if you dig deeper the poster hasn't been around here in years. Let it go...

Old 04-07-2014, 04:39 PM

42 posts, read 86,876 times
I'm planning on moving to Maui with the wife in 2016. I'm not ambitious, I'll be retired.I think that will work.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:17 AM

OpenD - I realize it's from 5 years ago. People were commenting on this just a couple months ago so I thought I'd ask. So sorry for upsetting you.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:06 AM

73 posts, read 172,897 times
What really struck me about her original posts was that her complaints were about "no Gap, no outlet malls..." Hell, I am looking forward to "No Outlet Malls!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui