Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 12:43 PM

150 posts, read 415,671 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
Anyone have info on Pomaika'i Elementary School in Kahului? Do your kids attend or have attended?
Thanks for the help.
Janet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 03:42 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
that is the fairly new school that opened just a few years ago. it is down the street from my house. the area is safe, sorry I don't know any children that go there but here is a link to their website
Pomaika'i Elementary School - Kahului, Hawaii

Old 10-27-2009, 11:23 PM
DBM

92 posts, read 495,042 times
NandVsMom,

It is a relatively new school. Our kids don't go there, but we live nearby and have lots of friends whose kids do. Their reviews are all positive. The principal gets rave reviews, and many teachers have transferred in from nearby schools. The school uses an arts-based curriculum; it's not totally an arts school, but they use arts in as many areas as they can.

The only downsides I can think of are that it is in the middle of a neighborhood still under construction so dust is a real problem, and the school is so popular that they have had to add classes and teachers at the last minute.

Overall, I think it is viewed as the best, or tied for the best, public options available right now.

Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: