Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 PM

21 posts, read 61,990 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with these two places? I am staying there for 2 and a half months, and was originally going with Maui Vista, but then a place came up at Kihei Village and the real estate agent from Maui Vista said that Kihei Village had horrible beaches, and said it wasnt in a nice neighbourhood etc. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 PM

18,438 posts, read 19,090,546 times
kihei villages is a fairly densely populated condo complex. lots of families live there. so it won't really have a vacation type feeling. it is towards the north end of town and there is nothing there of interest for you to walk to and enjoy. no, the beaches are not so great at that end of town. maui vista you are about 1 block away from kam 2 beach which is very nice. you can also walk to a few places to eat if you wanted. I would steer clear of kihei village. try google maps both address you will see how far away KV is from the places you would want to be, unless you have a car and don't mind driving all the time

Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 PM

70 posts, read 288,300 times
hi maui vista hands down

but not the building by the road

you will not like it

reason ...kihei road traffic will come in thru your open window

reason mopeds and motorcycles have a very load un serene sound at 6 am ..

i lived in a unit for one month ...hated the noise

complex is mellow

you will not enjoy kihei villages ..imho

no swimming pool either ..

xstonedrocker

Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 PM

70 posts, read 288,300 times
aloha

load really meant loud

i spent a month and paid 1100 a month

lots of deals there

or just stay a week or so and when you get here you can look ..

ive seen your questions ...only you can decide

you will love kihei and the rest of

maui including the big box store that goes by the name costco

xstonedrocker

Old 02-12-2010, 11:14 AM

820 posts, read 3,040,680 times
Choose Maui Vista. I stayed there for a week when shopping for my house. As others have said, better location, more quiet, has a pool, closer to what you will want to see and do. I stayed in a front unit off the street, but it didn't bother me. There was some street noise, but so much less than California where I lived then!

Kihei Villages is in northern Kihei, considered Sugar Beach area. The beaches there are not ugly, but they are VERY windy starting at 11am. Also very short - not much sand from grass to water. These are the beaches where the canoe clubs paddle out from. Good for fishing or picking up seaweed or maybe finding shells, but not lay out and get some sun kind of beach.

Southern Kihei beaches are the wider, more sand, lifeguards (some), bathrooms & showers kind of beaches.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:06 PM

805 posts, read 1,512,535 times
Maui Vista by far. Kihei Villages is a place that has a shoddy reputation. Every person I know who lives there (rent or own) just wants out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Maui
View detailed profiles of: