Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 04:12 PM

21,956 posts, read 9,541,004 times

Advertisements

People are wising up to the media manipulation.

Gallup Poll: Majority Of Americans Disapprove Of News Media Handling Of Wuhan Coronavirus

...The next institution to score the lowest among the people was Congress, which garnered a 59 percent approval rating to 37 percent who reported disapproving. Trump landed a 60 percent approval rating to 38 percent saying otherwise....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 07:43 PM

2,774 posts, read 904,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

Gallup Poll: Majority Of Americans Disapprove Of News Media Handling Of Wuhan Coronavirus

...The next institution to score the lowest among the people was Congress, which garnered a 59 percent approval rating to 37 percent who reported disapproving. Trump landed a 60 percent approval rating to 38 percent saying otherwise....
I quit watching all network news during the second half of the Clinton administration when it became obvious they were in the tank for the left. Also quit reading the local (Arizona Republic) paper at that time. I quit watching all cable news and cut cable 2 weeks after Trump was elected. This latest media China virus fiasco has got the attention of many, include some liberals, who've figured out that it's all manipulation.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:05 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
People never want to believe bad news. They are in denial and they don't want to hear the truth. They resent news for trying to tell them what they can't accept yet. They rationalize and seek out sources that confirm their beliefs that they will be OK. Thousands of doubters have about six weeks tops to live.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:25 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,702,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

So, now you believe in polls ?

Old 03-26-2020, 08:27 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,110,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
People never want to believe bad news. They are in denial and they don't want to hear the truth. They resent news for trying to tell them what they can't accept yet. They rationalize and seek out sources that confirm their beliefs that they will be OK. Thousands of doubters have about six weeks tops to live.
so far, there is no proof that the doomsday scenario promoted by libs is going to happen

Old 03-26-2020, 08:29 PM

8,638 posts, read 10,169,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Good lord. The people who don't always believe everything little thing they're told by the media aren't the ones who sound like they're living in a rabbit hole (hint, hint).

Old 03-26-2020, 08:34 PM

13,697 posts, read 9,026,316 times
As a 65 year old, I will say this: The Vietnam War was popular, until the body bag count reached horrific levels.

The 'media' is telling the truth. It is the Trump Administration that lies.

Or, was Trump right when he predicted zero cases back when there were 15?

Old 03-26-2020, 08:51 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,110,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
As a 65 year old, I will say this: The Vietnam War was popular, until the body bag count reached horrific levels.

The 'media' is telling the truth. It is the Trump Administration that lies.

Or, was Trump right when he predicted zero cases back when there were 15?

what if they don't? It looks like they won't

America got itself into Vietnam. Americans are't going to blame America for a Chinese virus
Media has made up all sorts of lies and exaggeration. That Trump said the virus itself was a hoax, or that Trump caused a couple to die because they drank dishwasher fluid

Old 03-27-2020, 07:28 AM

21,956 posts, read 9,541,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
So, now you believe in polls ?
Can you show me where I didn't?

Old 03-27-2020, 07:44 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,723,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
what if they don't? It looks like they won't

America got itself into Vietnam. Americans are't going to blame America for a Chinese virus
Media has made up all sorts of lies and exaggeration. That Trump said the virus itself was a hoax, or that Trump caused a couple to die because they drank dishwasher fluid
And the orange man's idea of responding to the most dangerous world disease in recent history is to call out reporters and claim they make up stories. And he wants to open up the economy, not because it would be good for the country, but because he's bored.

His party of sycophants that stand behind him kiss his azz before they say anything. I suppose it is the American equivalent of bowing one's head or curtsying to the Queen of England. Like the Kings and Queens of old England Trump sees himself as divine---and so do many of the religious maniacs that support him.

But his legacy will be as the Murderer-in-Chief. He has fiddled while Rome--or at least NYC--burns.

I volunteered for the Marine Corps during the Vietnam War. And twice volunteered to go there. After I got there I saw how duped we were by government. Kennedy got us into it. Johnson believed Westmorland telling him that we could win the war. But it took an ultimately disgraced president to get us out--Nixon. I despised him as president but recognize his ability to finally get us out as the one major achievement of his presidency.

Now what I appreciate out of this president is his ability to pull all the cockroach racists, ethnic purists and politically stupid people out of the woodwork. A good look at our country shows us to have an internal political virus.

Quote:
When Donald Trump chose Rex Tillerson to be his secretary of state in December 2016, he praised the former head of ExxonMobil for his "tenacity, broad experience and deep understanding of geopolitics." In a tweet touting the pick, Trump called Tillerson "one of the truly great business leaders of the world."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/23/polit...ate/index.html

Yet after Tillerson told bi-partisan Congressional leaders that Trump was as prepared for his 2017 meeting with Putin as Putin was, Trump tweeted:

"Rex Tillerson, a man who is 'dumb as a rock' and totally ill prepared and ill equipped to be Secretary of State, made up a story that I was out-prepared by Vladimir Putin at a meeting in Hamburg, Germany. I don't think Putin would agree. Look how the U.S. is doing!"

Tillerson, once an ally, has since called Trump a moron.

So Tillerson is proof that not all Republicans are dumb-azzes. Some were fooled once but won't be again. For me, it is the dumb-azzes who STILL can't see what a sociopathic attention deficit narcissist he is. Trump has a mental disease and in that respect an excuse of sorts. But his current followers make the term "moron" appear to be genius by comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media