Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2020, 02:56 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,752,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Hmm. I'm not sure what my comment to you about Lou Dobbs has anything to do with Trump or how I feel about him. I've made no secret that I don't like the man. Never have, so his presidency meant nothing to me. His tweets and derogatory comments over the past four years are indicative of his narcissistic personality. Never cared for the way he ran his private business. Cheating people out of their rightful claims by filing bankruptcy. Not once but, let's see , was it five times? As for being the greatest president? Why? How? What did he do that was so magnificent besides managing to demean and degrade other citizens in this country? Whether he intended to or not, he managed to bring more chaos to this country than he did peace.

But again, how I feel about him has nothing to to with my comment to you about Mr. Dobbs.

I stated before that I don't carry cable stations so I don't watch any of the programs aired. The only way I see snippets are off of YouTube. Furthermore, I don't love or hate Tucker but do find some of his videos entertaining and sometimes packed with a lot of truth. Actually, I enjoy watching a young couple that do daily videos for The Hill because they are really what I call unbiased. They shame both sides of the aisle. That's what I call fair and balanced. I am an independent thinker AND voter so I can appreciate it when either side is treated equally.

I dislike politics, especially when it makes us (as human beings) turn on one another and hate one another because we don't vote the same way or have a different POV. Never more have I witnessed it than here on CD and that's a pity. I thought that's what made this country strong. The freedom to choose and to openly express our views. Share respectful dialog, maybe even try to sway someone's opinion by giving clear evidence as to why one way might be better than the other yet still allowing that person to walk away if you couldn't change their mind. Instead, it comes down to labeling them as stupid, ignorant or that they shouldn't have the right to speak their mind. (don't laugh at that last one, yesterday I actually read someone telling another person they shouldn't be allowed to even be part of the discussion). When did censoring another person's view become the norm? That's shameful.

That said, I took a look at the thread you linked into your comment but I have nothing to add because I don't feel that I've been mislead or deceived or have seen anything that I need to regret. I'm not interested in debating our differences. I don't take politics too seriously because it does nothing but ruin my day and from what I see and read around here, it makes others around here become a little too tightly wound, as well.

As I said previously, I only commented on Lou Dobbs and how much I liked him when I watched his show back in the mid 2000's. So, carry on. I'll leave you to fight among yourselves. Good luck with that. Newsflash, there will never be a winner until you get all people on one path and that's not likely to happen until ..... well, I'll let others imagine what that will entail.
I brought you up to date - or tried to, anyway - on why I mentioned Lou earlier and what he is focused on today. The connection to Trump could not be more clear. I regret wasting my time. Good Day.

Old 12-04-2020, 03:37 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,150,801 times
All of us who know in our boots that this is a fraudulent electoral process are going to have to shake our bones and stand tall for awhile.

Old 12-04-2020, 05:47 PM

1,969 posts, read 546,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Seems like all the MAGA Hatters are equally as delusional as Trump. Who knew a person could catch mental illness from watching crazy Right Wing pundits on TV or on-line!
tucker doesnt make that stuff up. he editorializes it right leaning. hes a sharp righty.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:02 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,493,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I find the left is getting more unhinged by the day. They get dumber and dumber. I would have thought with an almost certain win in the electoral college, TDS would be waning. Instead, it seems to be getting worse and worse. Now that is the truth. Tucker would agree.
After nearly 4 years of Trumpism the one and only defense of the man remains screeching TDS. Now THAT is the truth. You have nothing else, you never did and never will.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:10 AM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,949,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
After nearly 4 years of Trumpism the one and only defense of the man remains screeching TDS. Now THAT is the truth. You have nothing else, you never did and never will.
Lowest unemployment in 50 years
Lowest Black unemployment ever
Troops being pulled out of Syria and Afghanistan
Return of manufacturing jobs
Better trade deal with Canada and Mexico
Peace agreements in the Middle East
Drastic reduction in illegal immigration
Bottom half's income increasing higher than top half for first time in decades
Willing to take name calling from the TDS left while doing the right thing and stopping travel from China
Willing to take name calling from the TDS left while doing the right thing and encouraging schools and stores to open back up safely

The truth is you on the left can't handle the truth. He did a better job on Covid than your people would and did great on everything else that matters. Ok, so he did some mean tweets.

Your post is the one totally without any substance. Because you've got none.

Old 12-06-2020, 12:16 PM

2,073 posts, read 900,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Tucker's show has turned into a tabloid. I don't know whether that's his vision or his network bosses', but he seems comfortable with one That's No Fair! story after another. I find myself more and more turning it off well before it's end.

Meanwhile Lou Dobbs has put his heart and soul into saving our country. His show is now, without a doubt, the goto place on Fox for mature adults with a broad perspective and interest in our country's history and future. That is to say, individual freedom's history and life expectancy under siege as it is today.

That must be why he publicized "the address and phone number of Jessica Leeds, one of the women who accused Donald Trump of groping her, to his 792,000 followers"

https://www.politico.com/blogs/on-me...-number-229738

Old 12-15-2020, 06:56 PM

19,455 posts, read 15,303,891 times
Tonight's show is particularly infuriating. But, also, it's obvious that people are fed up and are standing up for themselves and others.

The segment with Christina Solano, the woman whose brother, Deputy Gabriel Solano, was shot and killed (along with a second victim in a separate incident), was heartbreaking. Her pain, frustration, and utter disbelief at what Gascon is doing mirrored exactly what so many of us are feeling, I think.

Old 12-15-2020, 07:44 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,108,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Tonight's show is particularly infuriating. But, also, it's obvious that people are fed up and are standing up for themselves and others.

The segment with Christina Solano, the woman whose brother, Deputy Gabriel Solano, was shot and killed (along with a second victim in a separate incident), was heartbreaking. Her pain, frustration, and utter disbelief at what Gascon is doing mirrored exactly what so many of us are feeling, I think.
This country isn't controlled by Americans at all. Globalists. run this country, full stop. It's nothing more than economic zone being looted for trillions.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:01 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,625,076 times
Ack, that video where Joe Biden is saying how Jill Biden wanted to earn a DR degree so that she is not called Mrs Biden, i think the media has REMOVED IT.. because its not there. Does anyone have that saved anywhere? I think Tucker played it on his show recently.

Old 12-17-2020, 02:40 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,393,999 times
So you sycophants believe everything Tucker Carlson says. LOLOLOL . Silly people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media