Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2021, 09:18 AM

5,307 posts, read 6,200,906 times

Advertisements

Anybody tuning in to Lou Dobb's replacement, Larry Kudlow? Personally, I can't stand Kudlow. He was the biggest tout for the "new age," "new economy," "new paradigm," "new world order" nonsense in the late 1990s and 2000s. His wife had to place him in drug rehab because of his cocaine habit. I'd like to know what compelled the Murdochs to remove Dobbs from the Fox Business Channel.

Has Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity every discussed Dobb's firing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2021, 09:45 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,113,377 times
Kudlow has the worst record of forecasting the economy than anyone in the business.

Opinion: Larry Kudlow’s history of bad economic calls
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ku...lls-2018-03-15

Old 03-15-2021, 07:35 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,741,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Anybody tuning in to Lou Dobb's replacement, Larry Kudlow? Personally, I can't stand Kudlow. He was the biggest tout for the "new age," "new economy," "new paradigm," "new world order" nonsense in the late 1990s and 2000s. His wife had to place him in drug rehab because of his cocaine habit. I'd like to know what compelled the Murdochs to remove Dobbs from the Fox Business Channel.

Has Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity every discussed Dobb's firing?
Lou is a great American and one of our real President's strongest supporters. I don't know that anyone else at Fox has discussed Lou's departure....then again, admittedly, I watch a lot less Fox than I used to.

What we do know is that he was named, along with Maria Bartiromo and Jeannine Pirro, in a lawsuit filed by Smartmatic against Fox for $2.7 billion, accusing them of spreading lies about Smartmatic's role in the clearly stolen election. Maria and Jeannine remain at Fox, in stark contrast to Lou.

Lou's support of the President was terrific and his voicing of that support was arguably the strongest and loudest of those three. I'd guess Fox sacrificed him trying to gain favor in their Smartmatic battle. That move being one of the many reasons I have little interest left in Fox.

Lou was their strongest and most credible voice. But he was 75 and was under attack every day by an army of morons. He was likely very close to telling them what they could do with that job anyway, Smartmatic aside.

Old 03-15-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Lou is a great American and one of our real President's strongest supporters. I don't know that anyone else at Fox has discussed Lou's departure....then again, admittedly, I watch a lot less Fox than I used to.

What we do know is that he was named, along with Maria Bartiromo and Jeannine Pirro, in a lawsuit filed by Smartmatic against Fox for $2.7 billion, accusing them of spreading lies about Smartmatic's role in the clearly stolen election. Maria and Jeannine remain at Fox, in stark contrast to Lou.

Lou's support of the President was terrific and his voicing of that support was arguably the strongest and loudest of those three. I'd guess Fox sacrificed him trying to gain favor in their Smartmatic battle. That move being one of the many reasons I have little interest left in Fox.

Lou was their strongest and most credible voice. But he was 75 and was under attack every day by an army of morons. He was likely very close to telling them what they could do with that job anyway, Smartmatic aside.
At one time Dobbs was a knowledgeable finance and economics reporter with a polite and agreeable manner. I used to watch him quite a bit. Then he signed on with Trump and became a deranged crazy old man. Sad.

Last edited by r small; 03-15-2021 at 10:25 PM..

Old 03-16-2021, 01:07 PM

5,307 posts, read 6,200,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
At one time Dobbs was a knowledgeable finance and economics reporter with a polite and agreeable manner. I used to watch him quite a bit. Then he signed on with Trump and became a deranged crazy old man. Sad.
Well, do you tune in to Dobbs' Fox replacement?

Old 03-16-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Well, do you tune in to Dobbs' Fox replacement?
Is that Kudlow? I used to like Larry back when he was a free marketer, even though he was always wrong in his predictions. But after he sold his soul to Donald Trump I have no use for him at all. But I give him some credit for always being an amiable likeable cat. He was probably a lot of fun to party with back when he was a dope fiend.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:56 AM

13,650 posts, read 4,960,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I agree. Lou Dobbs should have stayed out of politics. Same with Maria Bartiromo. She was very good as a business and finance commentator. Then she crossed over into politics and became a Trump-loving conspiracy theorist.

As for Larry Kudlow, not only does he have a terrible record for economic forecasts, his smarmy manner is just a complete turn-off. I could never watch him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media