Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 06:15 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,221,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
People still watch CNN??? Why???
People still watch cable news? why?

Old 03-17-2021, 06:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,553,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
I hope NYT and Washington Post also lose most their audience

I hope the entire "MSM" goes down in the flaming death dive they deserve.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:16 PM

3,083 posts, read 3,270,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Did you not even think of what that might be so? Clearly you didn't.

Once Trump was gone, liberals and many moderates did not need to watch CNN trash Trump anymore because ... well, because he was gone. So they stopped watching CNN so much, because their primary desire for doing so was no longer relevant.

I thought that would be obvious to people who continually complained about CNN trashing Trump, but I guess it just went right over their heads.

Uh no, this just confirms exactly what many folks thought, that CNN was specifically pandering to improve ratings vs any semblance of being a 'news' source. There's this saying about throwing stones and glass houses ....

On that note, the article is misleading as the percentages are generally compared to immediate pre/post election highs, which would be artificially high anyway. They should compare against roughly this time last year to make it a balanced comparison. Also doesn't take into account web stats which a lot of people would consider just as, or even more important than old school tv audience numbers.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:18 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,221,786 times
I'm not a huge fan of CNN or any cable news network (I'll leave Fox out, since that can hardly be considered news). If I need to keep up to date I will watch YouTube or read different news publications online. It seems like watching cables news is becoming outdated period.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:22 PM

29,607 posts, read 16,586,021 times
My ATT Uverse bill was 150 dollars Got rid of it.

I now have

Netflix(12.99)
Amazon Prime(12.99 )
Hulu(1.99) Cyber monday deal
Paramount +(5.99)

So I basically get all the shows I was watching for 120 dollars less a month. The only thing really missing is the News Channels and im fine with that because people stream them live on Twitter.

They will get their viewership back when they allow their programing on a APP where you dont have to pay extra for live service.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:04 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Hey guys, go easy on CNN...if it weren't for them I wouldn't know about some white lady that yelled at a person of color over some disagreement at a Starbucks or wherever.

Now sure, they have to cut some content like violent assaults on asians or the serial killer of 5ish older white guys in Kansas City.....but thankfully we've been alerted about some Karen that acted rudely.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:43 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My ATT Uverse bill was 150 dollars Got rid of it.

I now have

Netflix(12.99)
Amazon Prime(12.99 )
Hulu(1.99) Cyber monday deal
Paramount +(5.99)

So I basically get all the shows I was watching for 120 dollars less a month. The only thing really missing is the News Channels and im fine with that because people stream them live on Twitter.

They will get their viewership back when they allow their programing on a APP where you dont have to pay extra for live service.
Similar. A lot of people share accounts too. The money is getting squeezed out of traditional media like a tube of toothpaste. (Which is why the content is increasingly polarized and frankly crappy. I mean major media sources have a way for readers to correct spelling and grammar mistakes for them now lol)

Netflix just announced a crackdown but I pay for 4 licenses so we should be good there across the extended family.

Just a fascinating view of how things change. My father remembers getting their first phone when growing up....and TV coming into being. I went through the rise and fall of blockbuster, computers in our homes...then into our hands....

I'm a big student of history. I don't think people grasp how significant the changes of the past few decades has been. Surely as impactful as the industrial revolution.

500 years ago, with few educated individuals progress came in leaps in bounds when a particular intellect like Newton produced upon things that were palatable to the rulers of the era. To quote one great historian\thinker...the expansion of education makes newton today look like a match viewed from a hundred miles away.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:48 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,995,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Are you surprised they’re nothing more than garbage news.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-he...own-50-percent

They did not lose me because I never watch their propaganda in the first place. What CNN and most of the rest of the media has done to the American people is a black mark which will taint journalism for a long time.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Not entirely true.

Each cable news has their own high ratings during certain times.

MSNBC Tops In Total Day Viewers, CNN Wins Key Demo, Fox News Takes Primetime

Quote:
MSNBC drew the most total day viewers in February, beating all other cable networks in the ratings yardstick, while The Rachel Maddow Show was the top regularly scheduled show.

The other news networks also were touting their numbers: CNN beat other networks in the 25-54 demographic in the total day timeframe as well as primetime.

Fox News, meanwhile, returned to the top in primetime among total viewers, after CNN led in January. Still, in February, CNN’s numbers were up 61% in primetime versus a year earlier, while MSNBC increased 23% and Fox News was down 30%.
https://deadline.com/2021/03/februar...me-1234704960/

Old 03-17-2021, 07:49 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Right-wing: Nobody watches CNN!!!

Also right-wing: The CNN is manipulating everyone with fake news!! We all know everyone watches CNN!!!!

They have ZERO common sense -- just a bunch of tag lines thrown out to feed their followers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media