Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 09:24 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times

Advertisements

Gutfeld’s rapport with his Fox coworkers is hilarious. He ribs just about every one of them, especially Kat Timpf. The show is just plain fun to watch. When he refers to sweet, calm, stalwart professional Shannon Bream as “evil Shannon” I just die laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 11:32 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Gutfeld’s rapport with his Fox coworkers is hilarious. He ribs just about every one of them, especially Kat Timpf. The show is just plain fun to watch. When he refers to sweet, calm, stalwart professional Shannon Bream as “evil Shannon” I just die laughing.
I grew up with Johnny Carson. He had great comedic timing ( as all great comedians have). Gutfeld doesn’t really, but he is a great writer and has the same ability that .Johnny had of laughing at himself. The Gutfeld!! Show is unusual because it’s basically an ensemble show among friends with almost zero celebrities. They are an unusual bunch, poke fun at each other and at politics. No PC in this bar table bunch. A little more like the old Saturday Night Live bunch than current late night comedy … which has ceased to be funny and become preachy.

I started watching it some after I saw all the ratings - hard to believe that this Bar table bunch of friends is beating all the Network big names - but they are more interesting and I guess that’s why.

Old 10-03-2021, 04:09 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Great news. It tells us who the majority of people listen to. Glad to hear most late night folks stay away from awful late night shows on other channels and watch Greg's show where they all make fun of Teleprompter Biden and tell it like it is!!!!!!! People are sick and tired of Idiot Joey and his crew and we're sick of MSM and their lies.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:09 PM

16,541 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Is it just me, or is he funnier on The Five, than he is on his own show?

`

Old 10-15-2021, 12:37 AM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Greg's funny. I catch small segments of his show on YT. He can share good sense and make you laugh at the same time.

Old 10-15-2021, 03:51 PM

1,137 posts, read 447,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Late-Show.html

Congrats to Greg on the success of his show, and not just in total viewers but in key demographics too.

I do think it's ironic, but the left turn and politicization of the traditional late night chat shows paved the way for Gutfeld. I don't think an unabashedly political show with a center-right flavor like his would have succeeded if everyone was still doing it like Johnny Carson. I know Bill Maher exists, but his was always a bit of an aberration being on premium cable, and his jaunts into broadcast and basic cable didn't last.
I am as conservative as it gets, hate mainstream media and love talk radio. But, I think gutfeld is an ass. I think he believes he is a mega star, but in reality his audience is just people tuned in because of their politics and that they tune in often in spite of him, instead of because of him.

Old 10-15-2021, 03:55 PM

1,925 posts, read 557,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
I am as conservative as it gets, hate mainstream media and love talk radio. But, I think gutfeld is an ass. I think he believes he is a mega star, but in reality his audience is just people tuned in because of their politics and that they tune in often in spite of him, instead of because of him.
That makes no sense at all.

Old 10-15-2021, 07:07 PM

1,137 posts, read 447,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
That makes no sense at all.
Sure it does. Just like me, I like the content of the show, and put up with him just to see the issues discussed. I enjoy it most when he is just talking issues instead of trying to be a comedian. There are lots of news shows I watch despite the host. I can't stand Tucker Carlson, but watch his show.

If the issues are important, I watch in spite of the host, not because of them.

Old 10-15-2021, 09:13 PM

1,925 posts, read 557,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Sure it does. Just like me, I like the content of the show, and put up with him just to see the issues discussed. I enjoy it most when he is just talking issues instead of trying to be a comedian. There are lots of news shows I watch despite the host. I can't stand Tucker Carlson, but watch his show.

If the issues are important, I watch in spite of the host, not because of them.
It's good if you can separate the host from the content. Me, I don't watch the program of anyone I can't stand. Too many alternatives available.

Old 10-16-2021, 09:01 AM

4,341 posts, read 2,227,253 times
Last night's show was spot on.

Binary division of the populace via hot button issues carefully constructed by Dems

College students shown the stupidity of Diversity

Another liberal college (Bates) goes off the woke deep end by restructuring math classes - because they are racist. Future graduates guaranteed to be idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media