Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 AM

28 posts, read 38,180 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of relocating to Memphis. I want to live in the Midtown area. I do not have a profession, I have done some retail. Willing to work anywhere. I was thinking it would be a lot better if I could get down there and look for a job. I am looking either for a cheap place to temporarily stay $100 a week or less.(if im lucky) while I look for a job, or an apartment that would let me rent without a job, i do have someone who is willing to co-sign a lease for me. Are there any apartments in the midtown area that would work with someone like me? Let me know your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 10:41 AM

506 posts, read 1,011,802 times
I'd say Craigslist is your best bet. You may be able to find a hotel that does week rentals for a decent price as well.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:53 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,053,499 times
Check out the Memphis Flyer also.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:45 AM

49 posts, read 154,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klost View Post
I am in the process of relocating to Memphis. I want to live in the Midtown area. I do not have a profession, I have done some retail. Willing to work anywhere. I was thinking it would be a lot better if I could get down there and look for a job. I am looking either for a cheap place to temporarily stay $100 a week or less.(if im lucky) while I look for a job, or an apartment that would let me rent without a job, i do have someone who is willing to co-sign a lease for me. Are there any apartments in the midtown area that would work with someone like me? Let me know your thoughts.
IMHO: I truly think the only worthy room-mate listings are on The Memphis Flyer.

Memphis Flyer

Dollars to donuts you could find someone who would be willing to work out terms with you.

Jobs are tight in Memphis just like how they are all across our Nation as of right now. We do have employment agencies here and just use your best judgement Googling that and feel free to come back to this thread if you have any questions on that end.

Since you write of having retail experience then stay on that Midtown Memphis track. You can tweak a bit of retail experience on your resume to make yourself look marketable to any one of the numerous restaurants and bars in Midtown and Downtown Memphis with no troubles. A server job or a Host job comes to mind with that.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i will say this only once. memphis is not a place i would wana be stuck down and out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
View detailed profiles of: