Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 05:48 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,969,017 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a good place to find salvaged wood, metal, and other items for projects around Memphis? I'm thinking of a place like Nicole Curtis from "Rehab Addict" would visit to find old windows and stuff. I'm looking for some old, thick table legs to make something. I could go to an antique shop, but they usually want top dollar for the items they have. I'm looking for rough and dirty stuff that's begging for a second chance.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 07:57 PM

473 posts, read 798,801 times
Tried the restore? Memphis ReStore | Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis

Old 02-13-2015, 08:42 PM

I don't think I've ever seen that place. I didn't think about thrift shops and second-hand stores. Thanks.
I was wondering about a place that just had wood and metal and building materials piled up in categories so you can hunt through it, but there may not be a place here. Maybe a "pull apart" junkyard for indoor stuff, lol. I've found a few websites selling table legs, but they're pretty expensive.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:16 AM

473 posts, read 798,801 times
Well restore is largely donated construction materials and such. I think there used to be a reclaimed wood place out of Macon, but it burnt several years ago

Old 02-18-2015, 08:36 AM

737 posts, read 1,920,853 times
ReStore wouldn't I don't think. It's more like a Goodwill.

There is a place on Central that has a lot of old windows and doors, fireplaces, etc that you seem to be looking for. Overpriced though, in my opinion. I can't remember what it is called, but it's on Central east of Central BBQ. I think it's the same place or connected to the place that has all of the fountains and concrete figures.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:15 AM

I went to Restore, and it was a pretty cool place. Very close to what I was looking for, but I would have liked to see more raw materials. There were probably 50+ doors, 20+ windows, and other random building materials. I didn't quite find what I was looking for, but my dad went too and bought a few things. I'll be back for doors and windows when I build a shed this summer.

When I first arrived, I noticed a woman rolling a round piece of glass out the door on the concrete. I asked her if she wanted some help carrying it to her car, and she quickly took me up on the offer. I'm just glad it fit in her car after I carried it all the way across the parking lot. She talked my ear off too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis