Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 02:36 PM

774 posts, read 2,583,009 times

Advertisements

Isn't it just glorious and gorgeous? The dogs are having a ball in it and I love just watching it. We should enjoy it, since it'll likely be another 4 or 5 years before we see it snow like this again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 02:51 PM

62 posts, read 159,762 times
On a positive note, the snow IS pretty awesome. Looking out the balcony door at it now.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by London79 View Post
On a positive note, the snow IS pretty awesome. Looking out the balcony door at it now.
Either pretty awesome or awesome pretty. Everything always seems so clean and quiet when it snows.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:21 PM

202 posts, read 583,496 times
The dogs got to see snow for the first time and they were having a BLAST.......They were trying to catch snowballs it was hilarious. Will probably get them out there one more time before it is over.....
Having lived in Florida for 14 years I really missed the snow, it is gorgeous.....But tell me how long will the city be shut down? I am hearing it is going to be very cold tomorrow too will they have it cleaned up?

Old 03-07-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnPedi614 View Post
The dogs got to see snow for the first time and they were having a BLAST.......They were trying to catch snowballs it was hilarious. Will probably get them out there one more time before it is over.....
Having lived in Florida for 14 years I really missed the snow, it is gorgeous.....But tell me how long will the city be shut down? I am hearing it is going to be very cold tomorrow too will they have it cleaned up?
\

Uh, we don't "clean up" the snow around here. It'll be cleaned up when it melts. They'll salt the bridges and overpasses (some of them anyway), but being a ewekend, they're not going to get real concerned about it. That's not talking badly about them; it's just the way it is in this area where we very rarely get any measurable snow.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:44 AM

190 posts, read 649,999 times
Default Snow Pics-Post Some Here

Here are some from around the house

http://www.laj-bus-assoc.com/posts/snow-08-10 (broken link)

http://www.laj-bus-assoc.com/posts/snow-08-09 (broken link)

http://www.laj-bus-assoc.com/posts/snow-08-08 (broken link)

http://www.laj-bus-assoc.com/posts/snow-08-06 (broken link)

http://www.laj-bus-assoc.com/posts/snow-08-03 (broken link)

Old 03-08-2008, 08:14 AM

4 posts, read 8,795 times
Great pics Chuck1229. We got out this morning with our boys and played. Made a small snowman yesterday evening...it was amazing how light it was outside...but he was starting to melt this morning in the sun and then was used for giant snowballs. A winter wonderland in the city.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:33 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnPedi614 View Post
.....But tell me how long will the city be shut down? I am hearing it is going to be very cold tomorrow too will they have it cleaned up?
City was never "shut down". Hope you weren't one of those kooks who stocks up on milk and bread. Was out this morning and secondary roads are slushy or wet, not frozen, highways are dry, everything is open, lots of people out. With the sun out, expect the snow to be gone by this afternoon except in shady areas.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:20 AM

252 posts, read 710,350 times
We had a nice walk around our neighborhood this morning. There was black ice on the roads, but it should be melted by now. We lost a couple of branches from a tree out back due to the snow. Wimpy southern trees! LOL. Guess they're not quite used to the heavy load. I was home (Maine) two weeks ago and it snowed three times while I was there. It was so pretty. Yesterday, I opened up the plantation shutters and watched the snow fall. Guess I better get used to it because after five years in Memphis, we're throwing in the towel and going back to Maine.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:37 PM

264 posts, read 1,151,724 times
The snow is great and 8 inches was pretty impressive by Memphis standards... Its fun to see some of the people who have never seen it and those who think its the end of the world and if they leave their house then theyll get snowed in...LOL...The only thing that irks me is the way the school system let out 2 hours early- right when it was beginning to snow at my kids school. They knew it was going to snow right from the start so why didnt they just call a snow day??? Very irritating, making so many people who are unexperienced in such weather risk their lives to take their kids home from school or send them home on the oh-so-experienced buses and their drivers.No offense, there are plenty of good bus drivers, but my children's bus driver slid right off the road one time... They really should help the school system...but the snow is really great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Memphis